Promotion services - heard of or used any?

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by phundroid, Feb 2, 2011.

1. phundroid

phundroid Active Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Have any of you fellow developers heard of services like this site offers http://www.mobile-app-marketing-makeover.com/

This guy contacted me the same day my game was released on the App Store.

I know promotion is a huge part but I also dont want to just throw money away.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. VortexGamesInc

VortexGamesInc Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    with a link like that I would say it was fake, but I have no clue. The best way is to submit reviews to Apple device and mobile game review sites.

3. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Paying someone 500 dollars to rewrite your appstore description and distribute a press release? Write it youself or see this guys qualifications first. And use prmac.com for press releases. My instinct is this guy is a rip-off.

4. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    He's right, ask him for some examples and than contact other developers who use the service. I recommend submitting your app to app review websites. Or make it free for a day on some websites.

5. Astraware

Astraware Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Games Studio
    UK
    I agree!

When we started doing iPhone games we Googled for iPhone review sites and tried to contact as many as possible to see if they were interested in getting news from us. When we actually released our first game, more people made contact with us via our website and with their agreement we added them to our iPhone mailing list. With each different platform we support, we do the same thing. Our mailing list has a few hundred sites all around the world for different platforms, and continues to grow. It doesn't take a lot of work to maintain the actual list, but having journalists you are in contact regularly does help to get you coverage when you need it!

If you use an outside agency, their mailing list is always theirs. You don't get to build a relationship with the media directly.

Hope this helps!