Universal Cat Physics (by Donut Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DonutGames, May 26, 2010.

1. prog

prog Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Male
    Seriously, what a bummer. We all have a fun rivalry and to have to wait is a bit of a pisser.

I joked when Nichos first mentioned this game to delay it in France but he must of got my words turned around, lol.

Oh well, we'll just have to work at it in hyper speed to catch up and hope the squirrels in France give them fits.

2. Mrs Eyrezy

Mrs Eyrezy Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2010
    UK, Cheshire
    Ha ha, a French expression from Prog, well done ;)

3. Mrs Eyrezy

Aug 17, 2010
    UK, Cheshire
    Lol, why don't you make another version for the Brits and Americans :cool:

4. prog

prog Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Male
    #11364 prog, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    No offense Nichos, I know this wasn't your fault. But Wiz and Lo definitely owe you a couple of screenshots for this good fortune.

...wait a second! Did you already make this deal!?!?!?

5. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Yeah, that would be a lot of fun! Just no time.

6. Shaun glitch

Shaun glitch Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Yeah call it frog physics lol

7. Cowboy.Henk

Cowboy.Henk Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    Yeah cowgirl, let's have a special version for you guys with bigger nuts, LOL

8. Mrs Eyrezy

Aug 17, 2010
    UK, Cheshire
  9. Shaun glitch

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
  10. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Before we go, I'd just like to thank all the cat-addicts here for making this game such an enjoyable experience to play and I'd like to thank Donut Games for creating such a wonderful game.

We may not have seen a CP2 in our lifetime, but I'm glad I will finally be spared from sore fingers, squinting eyes and arching backs.

[​IMG]

11. Pfadfinder

Pfadfinder Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Lichtenstein
    Farewell and good bai, we will miss you.

12. Shaun glitch

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Where you going ? :)

13. Pfadfinder

Sep 22, 2012
    Lichtenstein
    #11373 Pfadfinder, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
    @ Mr Donut

Hi,

I recently noticed that arrows may be pushed partly outside the visible playfield differently far depending on the direction of the arrow and depending on the side where the arrow is pushed out.

On retina display an arrow has a diameter of 73 pixel. The center of the circle is a pixel which has a distance of 36 pixel in each direction to the perimeter. I assume that the center of the arrow is decicive for positioning the sprite of the arrow.

If I put an arrow pointing up (12 o clock position ) in the left upper corner 37 pixels in both directions of the arrow is still visible. So the center of the arrow is put on coordinates x=1/y=1.

However I noticed that one may push the arrow over the edge differently far depending on the direction of the arrow and the side of the screen. In other words different number of pixels remain visible depeding on the direction of the arrow and side of screen.

The following table may illustrate that:

[​IMG]

So sometimes the center is on the edge, sometimes one pixel off the screen, sometimes one or two pixels on the screen.

Has that something to do how cocos2d Api treats pixels and points?

I could see that on a retina display one has to move the arrow at least two pixels and think that this is required to let the game behave equally on retina and non retina. Therefore I could understand if the center of the arrow remained 1 pixel on screen on the right side and on the down side. Accually, that happens with the up arrow on the right and on the down side. However, that should happen independent from the direction of the arrow.

I think that you do not use different types of arrows but only one arrow which is turned by different angels around the center (so one sprite with a property indicating how far it should be turned). Therefore I expected that the arrows behave equally on the edges of the screen.

However, the data acquired does not fit with my expectation. Only the arrow pointing up behaves like expected. The arrows pointing in the three other directions behave differently than expected.

I am confused. Could you please clarify the issue?

Nathan

14. Shaun glitch

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Your best net is prob to email them direct :)

Oh and btw you have way too much time on your hands lol :D

15. Pfadfinder

Sep 22, 2012
    Lichtenstein
  16. prog

prog Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Male
  17. prog

prog Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Male
    I don't think arrows at the periphery are any different whether on retina or non-retina display. The fact that the different directional arrows don't all fit on the edges as other directional arrows do, does not affect game play or scoring from one phone to another.

The iPhone 4 is retina and the scores were never different than the iPhone 3G or earlier.

The new iPhone 5 however has a processor that may round values differently and that may be causing my phone to not achieve the proper high scores on certain levels.

Plus, I agree with Shaun. lol

18. Shaun glitch

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Lol bloody hell where did you dig that up from :D and as prog says secret catting is true sign of addiction ;)

I'm up to 48 in the world again now just timing levels ,

Oh the pain IA,SHREDDERS. HTGO and the STICK will being back alot of painful memory's for alot of people :(

19. Mrs Eyrezy

Aug 17, 2010
    UK, Cheshire
    Mine was the stick, too painful to honk about, but 92 is quickly catching up :(

20. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"