Goro's Way - on App Store soon!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by PixelMinesGames, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PixelMinesGames

May 3, 2010
    Web Designer - Graphic Artist
    Italy
    Hi all,

Pixel mines Games is happy to announce its first game just submitted on AppStore.

I've developed it in 4 months during my spare time ( I'm a graphic designer and webmaster ), and I hope you will enjoy it!

Here some features:

Help Goro fulfill his dream! Lead him through platforms, trampolines and unexpected enemies to make him become the ultimate platform game star!
    Once you begin playing, you will not be able to stop!
    In order to go to the next level, you will have to run, jump and shoot at the enemies that you will find on your way. Remember that you can also use some of the elements in the background and move them to accomplish your mission, which will become harder and harder as the story develops.
    Prove to yourself that you have the dexterity, precision and intelligence required to complete the game.
    Come up with new solutions to show Goro… his way out!
    Explore Goro's world subdivided into 44 levels, each of them populated by the craziest and funniest enemies you will ever see!
    FEATURES:

- Fun and creative graphics
    - Original soundtrack
    - Platform-style gameplay with puzzle elements
    - 44 levels and 4 worlds for hours of challenge!
    - 2 levels of difficulty: NORMAL and SUPERHERO
    - Auto saving system

Pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gameplay trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8ZMb1wR7SM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PxX-BSBliU

More info: http://www.pixelminesgames.com
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/PixelMines
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pixel-Mines/256307754076

Suggestions and comments very appreciated!

2. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Looks good. The graphics are definitely a bit lacking, but to do it yourself in four months, it looks impressive.

3. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    #3 medianotzu, May 6, 2010
    Last edited: May 6, 2010
    At first I thought this game was going to be about the boss character from Mortal Kombat.

Then I thought you were the developer that made Underworlds. :D

Anyway, the game looks like it could be pretty cool. Sounds from your description like it might be considered a puzzle-platformer. Is it, or is it more of a straight action-platformer?

Edit: Oh duh!

I don't know how I missed that.

4. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    I actually like these graphics quite a bit. The characters are a bit simple, true, but the backgrounds are really nice. I'm digging the line work and use of color. Nice bright pastels and minimalist industrial blues.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Welcome to the forums, PixelMineGames -- glad to see another developer in these parts!

The game looks good and as a platformer fan I'm sure to pick it up. There are two things, I think, that you could do to improve the gamer's experience:

1) The viewable area is much too small. In the video it seems that you're frequently shooting at enemies off-screen, and a few of the jumps seem to be more like leaps of faith. I would pull the "camera" further out and let us see more of the playing field. I think your art will also look better a bit smaller.

2) As your character walks to the right, it seems to be placed to the right of the center of the screen. Again, seems to me that would lead to much player frustration, as enemies and obstacles pop into view with too little lead time. You should fix the character either in the exact middle or a bit to the left.

Good luck with the game. I like the concept and the art and animation look good. At 44 levels, it seems like there will also be plenty of gameplay.

6. PixelMinesGames

May 3, 2010
    Italy
    Thanks to all, especially for suggestions. It's my first game on iPhone/iPod Touch ( I've developed some simple flash games before) and every tip is very appreciated.
    The viewable area reduced is a way to increase difficulty ( levels are not very big, so my idea was to "constrain" player to memorize some stage's portions).
    Anyway I will keep in great consideration your ideas...
    Hope to return soon with some promo codes...

7. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Hm...this worries me a bit. It could be a really frustrating constraint plus, I get a sensation of dizziness at times when I play platformers that require blind jumping like that. Maybe you could incorporate a zoom feature?

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Frankly, that's a pretty cheap way to increase the difficulty. Much better to combine some of your levels and make them longer (even if you end up with fewer of them). If I die in a platformer, I want it to be because I screwed up, not because I couldn't see where I was going.

9. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Yep, I was going to say that too. ;)

10. PixelMinesGames

May 3, 2010
    Italy
    Sorry, maybe I've used wrong words to explain me.
    I have tried to do something different from classic mario-style platforms, blending several gameplay elements: not only platform, but also shooting and tactical... If you walk slowly, understanding enemies patterns and studying the stage, you can play in total effort :)

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Sounds interesting. Will definitely check it out.

12. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Platformer, checked. Puzzles, checked.

I'll be keeping an eye on this.

13. PixelMinesGames

May 3, 2010
    Italy