Great 2D artist available! VERY reasonable!

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by butterbean21, Jan 4, 2010.

1. butterbean21

butterbean21 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    #1 butterbean21, Jan 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  2. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    shouldn't your friend be pimping himself out instead of you? how do we know that you're not trying to get someone spammed? or is it you and you like talking in the 3rd person?

3. butterbean21

Nov 13, 2009
    Sorry I'm new to the forums still and didn't realize I couldn't post up his info as a favor to him?

No mal intention here, just posting up his info to get him some work

4. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Are you really still trying to prevent bots from finding the email address by doing THIS? :D

Did you at least tell him that you are advertising for him?

5. butterbean21

Nov 13, 2009
    #5 butterbean21, Jan 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
    Yup I advertised for him as a favor and yes he is aware, plus I'm very new to these forums, and was sincerely trying to help a friend out, and didn't realize I was going to get these responses, I'm not savvy with these forums yet so didn't expect this at all!

He did all the art for my game and did a fabulous job, so just wanted to share his info so he could get more work, but next time I will definitely just let him advertise

6. RevolvingDoor

RevolvingDoor Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    As a full-time freelance artist, I can say with a fair bit of certainty that most of us really appreciate being advertised by a client.

And also, that many of us have spam filters. ;)

7. butterbean21

Nov 13, 2009
    Thanks Revolving Door :)

I see why people would be concerned, but this was purely helping out a friend whom helped me create one of my first games released in the App store~ ! Just wanted to give him props for all his hard work

8. DCGames

DCGames New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    I am REAL

Hey guy's great news I do exist, and definitely available for some game art. Thanks Butterbean, for promoting my work, even though people like to hassle you over it.

To all concerned this is not a link to spam or anything like that. Just people who love games, and want to make them.

If you are interested in getting custom game graphics, I can be reached anytime through my email address [email protected] (Website coming soon)

Samples: http://dcproductions25.deviantart.com/gallery/

9. butterbean21

Nov 13, 2009
    Welcome to the forums DC Games!