Universal Infinity Blade II - (by Chair Entertainment Group, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JeNeI, Nov 30, 2011.

1. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    They were in 1.4 today 1.4.1 hit with the same update discription as 1.4. Weird

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Oh... youre right... I just checked the appstore. My bad, i was referring to 1.4.

Now it's you and me wondering about 1.4.1 o_O

3. Reese015

Reese015 Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Until now I've been loving Infinity Blade 2 but have been pretty disappointed with its super easy difficulty. First one was also pretty easy but at least you had the God King.

Just went for NG+ and holy shit is this hard. It's kinda clear they made it insanely hard to get you to buy IAP's but #### it, this is awesome, I'm gonna own this shit without any IAP's. I'm loving it.

4. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Yeah once the titans get to level 60+ the game starts getting way more challenging. They use way more combos and special attacks. I once did 9 consecutive parties only to be demolished by a special attack series. You go through your supers and magic much faster.

5. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Never used this, but does load last rebirth save all your progress from the rebirth and just put you back, or does it reset everything since the last rebirth?

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Saves everything, and puts you at the beginning of the previous rebirth.

7. Quantus

Quantus Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    The MP patch is how far away?

8. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Great thanks.

9. thebleeptruth

thebleeptruth Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Restarting rebirth 1 from NG+ would simply do just that. But my intention is to play my normal game and then start an NG+ which will overwrite my current NG+. I've allocated too few stat points on my Strength and having a really hard time with the opponents.

You are correct. But once you've started an NG+, you can no longer overwrite it.

Chair should really have an update where you can either overwrite your NG+, or at least give a free reallocation of stat points. If my memory serves me correctly, they did that for IB1. When I migrated to NG+, I got to reallocate my points for free.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Somewhere in this thread, somebody posted how to overwrite an NG+ game with better stats accumulated from the original game. Im sure it's here somewhere, coz this is where I got it. I forgot how I did it though.

11. thebleeptruth

Jul 1, 2009
    Wow! That's 157 pages! If someone knows how to do this, please please let me know!!! Thanks! :)

12. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    I am looking to do the same thing, so I found this with a quick google and a gamefaqs forum:

Try this, it works for me.

Go to Options and restart from rebirth 1.

After the cinematics, u should see that you are equipped with infinity blade and go to Options again, under character slot, your new game+ should dissapear.

Now load the Original game from the same character slot.

I have tried starting a NG+ after continuing to level and my stats carry on instead of from the time I defeated godking so I am still leveling up now in OG to make my atk at least 200 before i try NG+ again.
    ---
    The Nu Gundam is not just for show!

Forum link:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/645632-infinity-blade-ii/61417421

I will probably try this later as well, but if you give it a go make sure you back up first in case.

13. thebleeptruth

Jul 1, 2009
    Thanks injuwarrior. Just tried it, and it worked perfectly!

I'd have to apologize to operaguy2112. He did tell me before to restart from rebirth 1, although he didn't go any further than that step.

I'm so relieved now. Can finally go back to playing IB2 again! Looking forward to the update!!!

14. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Are there any news about updates for this? Since I got it I think IB I has been updated more than this :p. (emphasis on since I got it).

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #1575 Exact-Psience, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
    IB1 has received 4 version-ups, all of which are updates. IB2 only had bug fixes so far.

Thanks for finding the way to erase and update the NG+ game, injuwarrior. Im sure what I found here before was something exactly like that.

16. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Ok. Here's the deal. I FINALLY upgraded to a 3GS (yeah, I know, I'm still a few generations behind, but while you guys have fun with your 4s models and iPad 2's, I'll take what I can get).

I can't go crazy on all the games that I've wanted to play but couldn't on my 2G so my question is simply this:

It probably should be obvious that this was an upgrade from the original Infinity Blade, but, of the two, would this definately be the one to get?

17. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Yes. IB 2 has everything that was in the original IB, with more story, enemies, weapons, etc. And remember that IB 2 will have some cool updates, for example the Clash Mobs update (online co-op challenges with overpowered bosses!). I think that you should buy IB 2.

18. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yes. There was really no reason for me to keep ib1 after 2 came out. The updates later should add back multiplayer but everything else from the enemies, accessories, weapons, are all better. Even better balance I think. I only really miss are the cool godking cutscenes :)

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks guys! I figured as much, but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I know there's a few games where the sequel sucked compared to the original (hmm, think there were quite a few complaints about Dungeon Hunter 3 if I recall).

20. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Actually, if you plan to get more itunes credit, I would suggest buying 1 first. You can play 2 after 1, but going back to 1 after 2 makes 1 seem unbearable imo.