Android Gamers, how did you find touch arcade?

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by josue85, Feb 28, 2013.

1. josue85

josue85 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 28, 2013
    #1 josue85, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
    I'm surprised to see a good number of Android users on these forums. I'm wondering how you got here?

How did everyone else end up here?

I had an iPhone 4, and iPod Touch before that. I got hooked on the podcast (and subsequently the site). When I moved to android, I found that enough of the games talked about here would eventually end up on Android. So much so that this site is still in my daily rotation (and I never miss a podcast).

2. Lithophile

Lithophile Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Geologist
    NZ
    Yeah I have the same story as you really. I loved the coverage and podcast. Had an ipod touch. Now I have a GS3 and TA still brings me gems like backflip madness.

3. ducksFANjason

ducksFANjason Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    E-Discovery data technician
    Southern California
    Exact same story here. I had a 4S and found the site (and subsequently the podcast). Then I bought a Galaxy Note 2 and was sad to see this site go. I still listen to the podcast every week and try to check the site (for my ipad) every now and again. Now I think I'll frequent this site more if they've got some android chatter!

4. wuzmaname

wuzmaname Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    I have an iPod touch, nexus 7 and an HTC one x! The best of both worlds!

Only, my 4th gen iPod touch is starting to falter on some games.. Debating if I should get the 5th gen iPod or an iPhone 5?!?

5. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    Iphone 5, believe me. The ipod touch 5 will go out of support with a few years. It has half the ram of an iphone 5. Also no siri.

6. menendez

menendez Active Member

Feb 28, 2013
    I have 2 ipod touch, i know this site for a long time now. I own a Samsung Galaxy tablet and would love to see this site growing. Kudos.

7. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    My story is a bit different. I started off on Android back in 2009, when the Android Market was truly a gaming wasteland. If I saw a game that looked interesting I'd type in "Game + review" in Google and more often than not, the TouchArcade review would pop up first. I lurked on this site for years because so few of the games reviewed here actually made their way to Android. By early 2012, the tide turned and more of these awesome iOS games started coming to Android. At that point I felt comfortable registering with the TA forums because I could contribute to the discussion. Finally!

Now I use an iPad 3/Nexus 4 combo (best of both worlds!) so I comment here more frequently. Basically, TouchArcade is the best forum on the internet to discuss mobile gaming.

8. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I have been an Apple user for quite some time now, and recently got myself an android phone. I am really impressed with it, and it gets apps from Google Play and all that.

I found TouchArcade in Facebook I believe. People were talking about it and I got an account on the forums.

9. josue85

Patreon Bronze

Feb 28, 2013
    I find it heartening to see people embrace using both ecosystems (android and iOS). There is a lot to love on both, and in the end we are all gamers who just want to play great mobile games.

10. shanepaw

shanepaw Active Member

Nov 9, 2012
    I've been on TA since I got my iPod 4G but due to school needs and cause my dad has his old kindle around I switched to Android to get access to my books. I'm glad though that you guys opened an Android sub forum here in TA.

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Well, I've been here for years and, frankly there's no better mobile gaming forum that even comes close to as active as this one. And after getting a Nexus 7, I longed for something similar for Android. It's great to see so many posts already (some Android forums are so dead it may be weeks between threads).

12. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I've been around TA for awhile. Been into gaming on the iOS for years which I really enjoy but a few months ago I decided to buy a Nexus 7 and its opened up another avenue of gaming within the android platform. I'm still blown away by this device and love playing on the 7 inch screen.

I actually utilize both the Touch (my on the go gaming device) and quieter times for the Nexus 7. Best of both worlds!

13. Kiven

Kiven Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Male
    Frustrated Wrestler and Lifelong Gamer
    Philippines
    wooo finally! hello and hi to fellow android and ios gamers! been around TA for quite some time. glad to see an android forum here so i dont need to go to another thirparty site just for my android related gaming news

14. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    Gamer across platforms, joined Scoreloop and worked closely with iOS / Android / WP devs...now adding BlackBerry 10 to the mix.

Fun fact: I like to pull out and use 7 or 8 phones in rapid succession on the subway in a nonchalant manner. Always messes with people.

15. josue85

Patreon Bronze

Feb 28, 2013
    Hahaha, that sounds awesome. I'm addicting to trying out phones. I usually switch the phone I'm using every 3 or 4 months. I can't stand when I'm not using the latest and greatest :)

16. I had an android phone for 2 weeks before I got my iphone 4, hopefully I too can be accepted into your Android family.

17. josue85

Patreon Bronze

Feb 28, 2013
    Everyone is welcome, we all share the common bond of loving games regardless of what you play it on! :)

18. Morthizerm

Morthizerm Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2013
    One of the member from another forum introduced me here :)
    I have a HTC Aria.

19. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #19 Coldar, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
    Sure, all is welcome. Only leave the continual hdmi cable comments at the door.;)

20. LegACy99

LegACy99 Active Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Got an iPod touch 4th almost a year ago (now I've got iPod 5), so I search for a good way to be updated with iOS gaming news and found this website =D Been lurking ever since, but now they got this new Android subforum, I know I need to be more active so it can grow ;)

That said, my iPod has become my primary gaming device while my Nexus is for checking Twitter and stuff instead XD