Universal New Star Soccer (by New Star Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by pjft, Mar 13, 2012.

1. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Congrats on the Liverpool signing :) What season are you on? It's too bad you have to wait 'til year 9 (by the way, how did you get the England Manager relationship up if you're not playing?), but at least you'll have the opportunity of winning a few European tournaments before going International :)

2. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I haven't played this in a while but plan to get back to it after the latest update. Has the slot machine been fixed yet?

3. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Hmm... I haven't played the slot machines in a while, especially after learning that could be exploited. That being said, the update mentions "Added new icon to slot machine reels", so it might be that the probabilities have been changed. Can't vouch for it, though, but the new competitions are great!

4. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Epic game this.
    However, I'm into my second season and it seems a bit too easy to score goals and get perfect 10's. Does it get harder?
    Also, are there any plans to implement more of the NSS 5 features from the PC version?

5. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    you can see the international manager relationship in the normal relationships section but on the left there is a button which will switch it to international where you can they to boss relationship alongside the fans and team.

6. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Interesting. I had noticed it, but I guess I had never noticed it going up _asides_ from international matches.

Initially I also found it a bit too easy, but if you move on to higher leagues, the teams will be harder - namely defenders and goalkeepers. Also, I'm not sure if you're already having wind in your matches (I only had wind when I moved to the first division, coincidence or not), and that also adds an extra challenge.

7. Greystone28

Greystone28 Member

May 7, 2012
    Lifestyle & Girlfriend

I have just found this game and completed a couple of seasons, now just started with my third club in the English League.

So far I have mostly ignored my lifestyle and girlfriend as I figured a dedicated young professional like me would be spending all my cash on the energy drinks I need to spend all the time possible on the training ground!

Does anybody know what actual impact buying all the additional items like televisions has on your performances and career? What about a girlfriend? I noticed there is a happiness meter, perhaps this impacts recovery time?

8. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Hi Greystone28, and welcome!

Indeed, your girlfriend affects your happiness - I don't quite know what that translates to, though. I'd guess match performance, but I'm not sure. Some people here defend that the girlfriend serves no purpose.

Everything (properties, items, vehicles) you buy affects your lifestyle rating, which affect the sponsors you attract. I imagine the higher the lifestyle rating, the better you are at attracting new sponsors of higher tiers.

As for the properties you buy, they do affect your stamina recovery between weeks, so do save up for them, instead of spending it all on drinks :)

I usually found that I would be able to train once or invest in my relationships once per week, and then play the match with 60%-70% of energy, conservatively - so minimum work rate, and then upping it to medium later on. Now you can drink an energy drink at half time, so you might even be able to balance that out better if you need to work a lot in the game!

One thing that I find that makes a lot of difference (and one of the things that I, personally, feel that breaks the game progression balance), is that you can save 70 bucks and buy the strongest boots. That will already give you a huge stat boost and helps your game performance somewhat, so that you don't have to worry about training all the time, but can train at your own pace.

9. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    This is a great game, up there with the Kairosoft games... well done!

10. Greystone28

Greystone28 Member

May 7, 2012
    Thanks for the info pjft. I tried boots last season but found that they were detrimental to my performance as I started hitting my lofted passes too hard! By the time I was starting to get used to them they'd wore out. But have now bought some 40 games boots and yes they help a lot for interceptions and also shooting from range.

Also, got rid of the girlfriend; I'll maybe worry again about girls when I'm an established England international star!

Loving the game, the developer has done a great job.

11. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    I got offer 5 bucks to throw a game and i said yes. I wonder if it comes back to hunt me.

12. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    ...did you lose it on purpose? :)

13. Greystone28

Greystone28 Member

May 7, 2012
    When I got my "big move" to Feyenoord and then PSV Eindhoven from Wycombe, I thought this would be a great move to get me closer to my Man Utd dream (albeit only on my iphone!!!!). However I've had 4 seasons in the Netherlands now, winning the league once, reaching the champions league final, and regularly playing for England reaching the Euro Champs final.

At the end of the season now though, no teams at all from England, Germany, Spain or Italy are interested in me at all. Am I just going unnoticed? Anybody know if there are problems "getting out" of certain countries and into others?

14. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Hi Greystone,

What's your Star Level? I believe that your Star Level will influence the interest from teams in other countries. Keep increasing it, and I'm sure you'll get there. The English, Spanish and Italian leagues are the most difficult ones in the game, so I expect you'd have to be of a certain Star Level before transferring there :)

15. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    I'm not a big soccer fan but am really enjoying this...super fun.

16. Greystone28

Greystone28 Member

May 7, 2012
    Am at * level 16 right now, I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but is getting me selected for my country.

17. IceMonkey

IceMonkey Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Great Game

I bought the career mode after trusting what you guys said and I haven't stopped playing since I bought it yesterday. I highly recommend this game, it's just too addicting.

A question for anybody who made it to a big league (Italy, England, Spain etc.) how many seasons did it take you to get there?

18. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Hey people, just tried the free version last night and liked it quite a bit. But I do hate games that shove IAP down your throat and is actually compulsory to make any progress. Is this the case here? Would it be a grind-fest otherwise?

19. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    NO, the IAP isnt neccessary and doesn't make it a grind fest. The IAP only gives you different grass patterns for the pitch and depending on the time of year a game is played you may get rain and snow. Its purely cosmetic.

You DO want to buy the career mode though. Thats the main attraction for me.

20. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I was worried because I saw that for the iOS version you could actually buy "bux" to be used on energy drinks, etc. It wasn't just for a cosmetic feature.