Glitch - First-Person impossible game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Zilk, May 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    I did some tweaks to gameplay (tiles and obstacle) shader to fake a bit of light bounce from the background, also added a slight rim light to things.

I added camera shakes when hammers hit the ground as well, it's based on the distance from the player to the hammer so bigger shake the closer you are. Really helped getting the hammers to feel heavy and powerful.

[​IMG]

2. Patthegymnast

Patthegymnast Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Looks awesome! Still loving the game! Very tricky and hard! What i like!:):cool:

3. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    Glad you like it Patthegymnast :D I'll probably be sending out a new beta in a week or two.

4. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    So I made a cheap-isch bloom effect today for my game. I wanted the lasers to have more of a glowy feel to get them looking more powerful, I also didn't want it made with particles or planes in front of the lasers since I don't want the problem of overdraw or clipping.

So I made a script that detects lasers and when they are firing, and when they are a shader with three additive sprites are rendered on a plane infront of the camera and offsetted to the correct position. And whenever there are no lasers active it turns off.

It's an extra pass but a lot cheaper than full screen bloom and with less fuzz than with multiple particles clipping meshes all over the place.

A little technical there but I wanted to brag on how awesomely smart (I think) it is :D

[​IMG]

5. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    Busy week, started working on a new level, added pendulum axes, color switchers (that flash and then switch the background color) and also a intro/outro for each level with an indication to what killed you. Really works great since sometimes it can be quite confusing as to what actually killed you.

What do you think, starting to look like a game? :D

[​IMG]

6. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    Finished level 2 for the game yesterday and also realized that I basically never posted a video with music. So here goes!

7. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    I've been working on boring stuff these last weeks, getting the UI up to par. Made a new design that was more fitting to the gameplay art, cleaned up a few areas and just went through everything one more time to check that it was looking sweet :)

[​IMG]

Now back to making the last two levels and sorting out the last plugin implementations!

8. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    I got checkpoints working last night, basically there will be one or two per level that you can start from by using earned checkpoints or for free by watching some kind of ad. Haven't really worked out that part yet but I at least know there are gonna be checkpoints for those who want to use those.

[​IMG]

9. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    So I've started adding some plugins, ads, push, rate game, inapps etc but I also polished up the Mega Man tiles I did for level design.

The level isn't finished so this is just a test though :)

[​IMG]

10. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    So I finished up level 5 this week, have also been polishing and fixing a lot of issues. Only one more level left to design and then it's time for beta test and polish!

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

11. AlphaTodd

AlphaTodd Well-Known Member

May 3, 2017
    Wow! These visuals are just astounding! I love the shifting looks and the ever growing levels

12. Satish Kumar

Satish Kumar Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Wow.Games looks interesting.Would love to play.Please send me the build once beta test starts.My TestFlight I'd:[email protected]

13. james.miller

james.miller Active Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Dropout!
    Ohio
    little tough on eyes do to the first person and the color combinations - I feel

14. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    So, it's time for Beta test! I'll be gathering in whoever wants to join for about a week then I'll be sending out the test.

[​IMG]

So if you are interest follow the link and Sign Up!

15. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    Ok, so Android beta is out for anyone who subscribed! Working on the iOS beta right now as well.
    If anyone want in a bit late just let me know and I'll make it happen.

[​IMG]

16. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    So beta is up and running, I've been hammering bugs and polishing things I've gotten back as feedback from players.

Also noticed quite quick that the level 2 I had was faaaaaaar too difficult to be level 2. So I whipped together a new background and a new level 2 and pushed the old level 2 to level 3 instead. (Yes, that is a lot of levels in one scentence)

[​IMG]

17. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    So I've been quiet for a while but that's because I've been finishing up the game. Just got some final tweaks to get done then it's ready to go. Therefor I've gotten started on screenshots, icon, trailer and all that stuff!

Thought I'd share the 30s preview trailer. What do you say, good enough?

18. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    Found a 6 month old gif and made a little split view compared to one captured recently. Nice to see that even though it has changed a lot the core is still there.

(new on the right)
    [​IMG]

19. applicattura

applicattura Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Zilk you're a damn talented guy, would be great if I got invited to the testflight. Sent the mail via pm

20. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    Sweet, will probably kick off the final beta test this week if everything goes as planned.