Has anyone else abandoned Pocket God?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MasterChief3624, Jan 6, 2011.

1. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    When I first got my iPhone 3GS back a few days after it came out, I was just discovering what the App Store had on offer. It was a whole new world to me, and I was naive to pretty much everything on there. Regrettably, my first purchase was Night Shot... a stupid app that gives your pictures a nightvision effect.

Buuuut that's besides the point. The app I like to count as my first one, the one I got right after that "crapp" Night Shot, was Pocket God. I played Pocket God pretty consistently for the next couple months. Powering it on whenever I felt I had time to poke and throw my pygmies around, write my name in lightning, and just have a fun time doing absolutely nothing of substance. Just doing things for the fun of it.

Even after that Pocket God phase, I still played it a fair amount, and I always looked forward to the next update. Somewhere down the line, though, those updates became less exciting, and less about "Yay, I wonder what they added! :D", and much more about, "Oh cool, another update... let's power the game on for a couple minutes to play around with the new stuff they gave us." Now I'm at the point where I simply do not care anymore.

Is anyone else sharing this feeling? That Pocket God was once a great and fun little game to waste some time with, but now it has lost its magic? I'm wondering why this is, but methinks it has something to do with the minigames.. Ironically, the things you'd think would give the game its longevity, seem to have stunted its fun and magic in my eyes.

But enough negativity and sadness: What would be a worthy addition or change to Pocket God that would get you back in the saddle and having fun again? What could Pocket God add that will reinstate its magical quality of the past?

What are your thoughts? :) Do you still play Pocket God a lot? Do you still look forward to the updates?

2. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    I bought it on iPad and was extremely disappointed. It's basically just three pretty shoddy minigames for a ridiculous price. I don't understand how it is so popular. I wish the app store had an easy refund policy like my android phone has because it is a prime candidate for a refund.

3. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I bought this a while ago mostly to see what the fuss is about I think I only loaded it about twice. I don't really get why it's so popular either.

4. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I felt the same way about two weeks after I got it.

5. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

I loved it at first too. Probably lost some of the appeal cause we wait months between updates now, not weeks.

I always liked more god powers instead of minigames. I had a lot more fun just messing around with the sun and the zombies and all that, than playing any of the mini games they added.

6. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    same way...couldn't figure out why it could be popular

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I clicked the entertainment tab on the AppStore on accident for the first time in over a year today and was genuinely shocked pocket god was number three. It was never good. It's not good now. I don't think it ever will be a decent app. How it climbed to the top and apparently managed to say there is beyond me.

8. maxxx

maxxx Active Member

Dec 23, 2010
    payoff

Honestly games like pocket god and doodle jump must be paying heavy money to stay on top. 75% of the games on the marketplace are better than those games.

9. Noodler

Noodler Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2010
    DaveCazz

Let us see what DaveCazz has to say shal; we?

10. davecazz

davecazz Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

well, we dont pay to keep our ranking high. the only time we ever advertise is for christmas.

11. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I never bought Pocket God, as I played in on a friend's iPod and it didn't appeal to me.

But the same exact thing happened to Doodle Jump and Minigore. They were popular in their time, but there are much better games now and they are more like a legend now.

12. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Umm, this is supposed to everybody's first impression of Pocket God. It's not a good game, it's never been and never will be. If by some stupid reason you did purchase Pocket God, you should have abandoned it seconds into playing it.

13. BabyAzerty

BabyAzerty Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Developer
    Paris
    Seriously, I bought it when it was 1$ special discount.
    And ... lol, WTF ? At this price, I am WAY happier with my Fruit Ninja !

14. Apple Pie

Apple Pie Member

Jan 5, 2011
    I got it ages ago but have only played it a couple of times- it's fun for a while but then it gets boring

15. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    yea its boring now because the updates take forever and yea. i just don't really care that much

16. highlyrefinedpirate

highlyrefinedpirate Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    When it first came out, it was my absolute favorite app on my iPhone. I can't explain why, I just found it incredibly addicting.
    Then, after about two months of it I started experiencing the same problem, where the only reason it was on my phone was to play it for a few minutes with the new update, then after a while I wondered why I was wasting my time and deleted it.