Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Thank you list is getting a little long so I need to let you guys know that I do appreciate the "hello"

Nirtew, dlstar, disastrously, Domenic, Javarich, Nicksparkinson, morefrogs, danjarus, Quossum, Snappy, jklau, Reachnoble and Shasta.

Remember I do have the froggydex done so it is not necessary to sent a high level frog, a little anura is fine :)

2. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Thanks to Dean for the Purple and Lime Arbor,
    Quo for the Blue Cesti,
    Nirtew for the Maroon Bulla and Aqua Signum,
    MamaFrogz for the Violet Ludo,
    Gracesqx for the Royal Cesti,
    Dlstar for the Emerald Trivium and Green Amfractus,
    Maholah for the Lime Signum,
    Danjarus for the Purple Lucus,

and anyone else who sent gifts recently! :)

A nice evening to all!

3. Wysky

Wysky Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    looking for a Green Albeo Ocularis? can offer a high level Veru or mAgus in return?

thanks. Wysky0

4. Crazyrufus1

Crazyrufus1 Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Triballll

Hey frogers, can one of you please send me a tribal set.... Some of my friends have them... My plus tag is crazyrufus1

5. DeanKeith

DeanKeith Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    I Included Requested Colors

Okay, I think we need a hint, as in: Are you expecting character names, or branch the colors represent? Are you talking original series, Next Generation, or another?

I thought I'd just research the uniform colors, and found an overwhealming ammount of info LOL:
    http://www.stowiki.org/Guide:_Uniform_colors/Canon_uniforms

Anyway, here are some guesses:
    1. Spock
    2. Data
    3. Picard
    4. Scott
    5. Galia
    6. Kirk
    7. Seven of Nine

6. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Hint: Original series.

Good Guess on the uniform colors. You need to match up the uniform color with the person. Example: Black Aurum is Donald Duck:D

7. beanpiemama

beanpiemama Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2012
    Happy Sunday..

Sorry for my vanishing act this week.... I have made it to my last week and I am heading into finals, then I will officially have my Mater's... phew, its been tough! Anywhoo...

First, Many thanks to Dom, Zmac, Nirtew, Danjarus, Javarich for all the gifts this week, and of course anyone else who sent them who I might have missed.

Second, I had not had a chance to even check out the new set until this morning... if anyone still has the set available, I would LOVE one. Please let me know what I can send in return and TYIA!!

Finally, my vote for IIRC is "I Included Requested Colors"

Have a wonderful day everyone and hopefully I will be around more this upcoming week.

8. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    A set is on the way. Congrats on the masters. I know it was a long haul for you.

9. Kat9701

Kat9701 Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Thanks for the set Dlstar!

10. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Pfa

Pocket Frogs Acronyms​

It is now time to vote for what IIRC will mean on the Pocket Frog Thread.

EVERYONE is allowed 2 votes, 1st place and 2nd place (to be used in case of a tie). The winning acronym (person) will get 4 frogs of their choice. But wait, that’s not all. Every person that votes will get their name put in a random drawing and the name drawn will also get 4 frogs of their choice. The random drawing will be done by the D & D CPA firm to insure its integrity.

Voting will end at Noon on Tuesday, April 17 (Tax Due Date:eek:), pm me your vote.

You guys did a great job this week coming up with some really good choices Listed below are the 4 choices.

Immaculate Insero, Recently Cloned: Used frog ad.

"Isn't it really cute" when we refer to the eggs when they first hatch.

Incredible, Irresistible, Radical, Croaker. Is used when you want to describe an AMAZING frog! If you're wondering, croaker means frog!

I Included Requested Colors . Used when replying to a request.

11. Neff282

Neff282 Active Member

Apr 6, 2012
    North Carolina, USA
    Heyy peoples. I'm looking for a Black Albeo Pingo... Bilpex in return!

12. javaRich

javaRich Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Globe Trotter
    Miami, FL
    Star Trek Uniforms

My guesses for the challenge:

1. Spock
    2. Sulu (shirtless in fencing episode)
    3. Uhura ;)
    4. Scotty
    5. Chekov ("green" as youngest crew member)
    6. Kirk
    7. Bones

At first I was trying to make this into a World Series puzzle but the colors on Black Trivium changed it to Star Trek. I read the additional clue about "Original Series" today. When will we find out the answer?!

13. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance

CORRECT, the Triviums are yours!!

For those of you who do not know, when you google Star Trek and get pictures of the orginal crew there is a picture of Sulu shirtless fencing. As for Checkov, I just used a color "close" to his shirt since it looked the same as Kirk's. I always thought that the color of their shirts were based on their rank. Why is Kirk, Sulu and Chekov all the same color or is it just a bad picture?

14. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Sent, nothing needed in return.

15. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    Ah, I now see why you didn't get to read your PMs. Because of your generosity in weekly sets I had Tribal reserved for you. as usual Dom beat me to it:D. Best of luck on your finals.
    So now I've got a Tribal set for anyone who needs it.

16. Wysky

Wysky Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Thanks dean!!!!!!! Wysky0

17. dean288367

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Sent.

18. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    #23118 SnappyMcfrog, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
    Beanpiemama, hope you pass your finals with flying colors!

Thanks to Shasta for the Aqua Floresco,
    Andi for the Lime Cesti,
    Nirtew for the Violet Gyrus,
    Mamafrogz for the Lime and Orange Zebrae,
    Dean for the Royal Lucus,
    Dlstar for the two White Triviums!,
    Gracesqx for the Royal Cesti,
    JavaRich for the Beige and Royal Biplex!,
    Dom for the three Blue and two Aqua Nasus!,

and anyone else who sent gifts recently! :)

A good evening to everyone.

19. javaRich

javaRich Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Globe Trotter
    Miami, FL
    Star Trek Triviums

Thanks Dean288367, that was a good challenge! I truly had to guess on several of the Triviums based on the main characters from the original series.

From what I remember about the original TV show (in re-runs of course!) the colors of their uniform shirts were based on rank and duty assignment or function on the ship. Kirk, Sulu and Chekov were part of ship command and operations on the bridge so they had the yellowish/tan shirts but I remember Sulu and Chekov wearing red shirts also, not sure why the difference in some episodes.

Uhura was part of bridge operations as chief communications officer, there are some pictures of her on Google in the yellowish/tan uniform but I remember her in red! Spock was part of the bridge but was also chief science officer, so he had a blue shirt (consistently). Scotty was head of engineering and some of his people wore orange jumpsuits but he usually wore a red uniform shirt. And Bones, Dr. McCoy, as chief medical officer had a bluish uniform shirt.

Looking back it was a great TV show during the late 60's and 70's, some of the episodes covered topics that were groundbreaking and scandalous for that time period! I'm not a "Trekkie" but I have watched all of the different Star Trek series and movies since the original, with the Next Generation series being my favorite.

Another TV show I vaguely remember and some of you will have to Google was called "Space 1999", one of the characters was a shapeshifter named Maya(?). It's the theme music that I remember most today, it had a great beat! :)

Thanks again and have a good night!

20. DeanKeith

DeanKeith Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    The shirt colors are based on their branch (or role). Rank is indicated by the stripes on their sleeve.

TMI for the Pocket Frogs thread... sorry. ;)