Looking for a MFi controller for iPhone 6 or iPhone 5....

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Rollout, May 14, 2015.

1. Rollout

Rollout Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Student
    New York
    I’m going to play Forsaken World Mobile, Implosion and Mortal Kombat X recently. But I don’t like virtual control. So, I want to find a good MFI controller for my iPhone 6 or iPhone 5. There are too many controllers at the market and I don’t know what to choose.So, can anyone give me some advice here?

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Did this already happen or am I stuck in another time loop?

3. Rollout

Rollout Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Student
    New York
    yeah, my last thread was post in wrong sub forum. So, I asked moderator to delete that one. I still remember you recommended Stratus. But I don't like Stratus. So I post a new thread in the sub forum for more advice. Btw, thank you for advice:)

4. Ela

Ela Member

May 2, 2015
    Student
    Tempa
    I like iControlPad. It is not so big and the materials feel good

5. KloKi

KloKi Member

Apr 29, 2015
    officier
    Canada
    If you have a PS3, you will like GameKlip, cuz it is almost same to PS3 controller

6. Nizk

Nizk New Member

May 14, 2015
    Mortal Kombat X doesn't support MFI controller. and Forsaken World Mobile hasn't been released I think

7. Rollout

Rollout Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Student
    New York
    This one is nice... I will think about it

8. Rollout

Rollout Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Student
    New York
    ahh... I forgot to delete Mortal Kombat X, actually @coolpepper43 has told me before.
    As forsaken world mobile, why I saw someone is playing it?

9. Kataria

Kataria Member

Apr 28, 2015
    60 beat is good, but it is more suit for iPad. It looks like Xbox 360 controller

10. Rollout

Rollout Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Student
    New York
    I don't like the controller's appearance. And I think it is too small for me

11. Rollout

Rollout Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Student
    New York
    Never have a Xbox 360... So, I don't know if it is good for control

12. Nizk

Nizk New Member

May 14, 2015
    where did you see that?

13. Rollout

Rollout Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Student
    New York
    I searched google and found its screenshots there, So, I thought it is released

14. Kataria

Kataria Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Personally, I think Xbox 360's controller is better than PS3. So, you can take a try.

15. Rollout

Rollout Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Student
    New York
    Alright

16. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    Some of the controllers mentioned here aren't actually MFi controllers, and aren't compatible with nearly as many games - steer clear.

Generally speaking, if you're looking for a controller to grip your iPhone into, your best options today are either of the Mad Catz controllers.

If you don't care about the grip, I happen to love the Horipad - best d-pad of any MFi controller.

Steer clear of the Moga stuff, it doesn't work right.

17. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    I have the Moga Rebel, as well as the comperable one for Android and I have not had a single problem with either of them, and I've had them both for a very long time. The Rebel syncs up every single time, has no noticeable delay, has great build quality, and the foldable phone clip is sturdy. I can't recommend the Rebel enough.

18. kmacleod

Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    California
    I'm glad the Rebel works for you, but it doesn't work for me, and I've heard horror stories from many others.

The Rebel has a tendency to disconnect and reconnect randomly during gameplay, for me and others I've talked to. I've talked to someone from Apple about the issue, it's not in my head. Perhaps not every Rebel does this, but that brings up another problem: MOGA is no longer in business.

The parent company, BD&A, appears to be selling MOGA's existing products. But there probably won't be any more products after these. And I wouldn't want to deal with a non-existent company's warranty department if something does go wrong.

Regarding the controller itself, it feels light and cheap compared to every other Bluetooth MFi controller (save the small Stratus). The buttons are small and closely placed, the analog sticks have little grip, and the d-pad is almost unusable.

The integrated hinge is more elegant than anything the other controllers have, I'll give it that.

19. deano13

deano13 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    England
    Wait what!? I can pair my PS3 controller to my iPhone 6???

20. kmacleod

Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    California
    If you jailbreak, yes, you can use the Controllers for All tweak to turn a PS3 or PS4 pad into an MFi controller