Legiondary: Rise of the Horde - a turn-based fantasy RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by HalfLucifer, Jul 31, 2015.

1. HalfLucifer

HalfLucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    #1 HalfLucifer, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    [​IMG]

Legiondary is a “Dark Fantasy” style mobile RPG which will be released on App Store and Google Play in 2015.

Game Story

Unlike most RPGs which you play the role as a “justice hero” to beat the evil bosses, in this game, you have to lead the legion composed of Orcs, Goblins, Skeletons, and many other terrifying creatures to reclaim the tribe of Orcs.

What is Justice?

Elves hate any ugly creature, specifically, Orcs and Goblins. Dwarves are crazy for goldmines and treasures. Humans, take themselves as the most noble race in the land and they swear to destroy all evils.

Hence, Human, Elves and Dwarves have united to form an army called "The League of Justice" to eliminate their opponents, the Orc Tribe. The Great Warchief of Orc has been sick for a long time. In the meantime, the First Prince of Orc Tribes led an elite legion to assault the King of Dwarf. But he did not return…

The only hope lies in the hand of the Second Prince of Orc Tribe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gameplay & Features

Legiondary is a turn-based RPG which you don’t have to haste to make decisions. The formation of legions arranged before battle begins will greatly affect whether you can win the battle. Each position of the formation has its advantage and disadvantage to make tactical thinking more interesting.

In the battle, you will get “morales” (the blue crystal) dropped from the opponents. To trigger a hero’s skills, you must consume the corresponding morales. If you have sufficient morales, you can even trigger 3 skills at a time to produce a large number of damages to your opponents.

Features:
    1. 100+ keyframe based fully animated characters
    2. 48 collectible tribal heroes and creatures.
    3. 16 main chapters of game storyline.
    4. Build the tribal facilities to reclaim the glory of Orc Tribe.
    5. Various daily quests and achievements to accomplish.
    6. Every hero owns 4 special skills to learn.
    7. Train & promote heroes from junior leaders to great champions!

The characters in the game: Goblins, Orcs, Ghouls, Imps, Dark Elves, Minotaurs, Trolls, Succubus, Harpy, Elementals, Golems, etc.

Own a dozen of disposable oozes can be assigned as the minions for Dark Elf Ranger? No problem. Want a vampire who leads a pair of Werewolves? Sure! Go find the best match for your heroes and the legions!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Media

Games in Asia: 14 of the best indie games at Taipei Game Show 2015
    TAPPLI (Japanese): 台湾インディーゲーム期待の星によるダークファンタジー『Project Legion』

Current Status

The development process of the game is nearly completed. It's under the polish & debug phase now. We’re also localizing the game contents to English and looking for publishers to help us publish the game worldwide. If you happened to join ChinaJoy this weekend, come visit us and we can show you a live demo!

Tumblr: http://monkeypotion.tumblr.com/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/MonkeyPotion

Any comment? We'd love to hear from all of TA gamers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you for taking an interest!

Monkey Potion,
    Joe Jheng

2. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    This looks very interesting, definitely keeping my eye on the game (and hoping it will be a premium release).

3. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Looks very cool. Some friendly advice ... the beholder is a wizards of he coast trademark. As such, there is a chance wizards may ask you to remove it. I believe they have done so to other game developers in the past.

4. HalfLucifer

Feb 7, 2010
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    #4 HalfLucifer, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    Thank you sir!

(Un)fortunately it is a freemium game. we will certainly make it a good one, not to be undermined by the payment model. Wish you will give the game a try when it's released!

5. HalfLucifer

Feb 7, 2010
    Indie Game Developer
    Taiwan
    I knew that they own the copyright of "The Beholder". We did not use the name. But you mean the monster looks similar to The Beholder is not allowed too? :confused:

6. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    Looks great... just the sort of thing I like... freemium... nah.

7. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    That is truly unfortunate. I no longer have the patience to deal with freemium games. Good luck either way, I'll definitely check it out once it's launched but I can't see myself investing any real time into a f2p game.

8. Dongmaster

Dongmaster Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    It is! Several games use it, like Heroes of Might and Magic 3 HD and a lot of miniature makers sell "Eye Tyrants" and whatever they name them.

The name however is not allowed IIRc.

9. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Looks cool!

10. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    That is what I've heard. I believe they do issue cease and desist orders on occasion. I would google it and check.

11. DezTheSpic

DezTheSpic Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2014
    Exactly my type of game as the long as the freemium is not too strict.

12. sindyan

sindyan Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Looks good! It is different then the wave of clones in the App Store. Will keep my eye on it!!!

13. DezTheSpic

DezTheSpic Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2014
    Any news on release?

14. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    this game looks very amazing !