Anyone using Adcolony?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by derpderp, Apr 23, 2013.

1. derpderp

derpderp Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Hi all,

Has anyone used adcolony? I cant really find any info on them.

Anyone have experience with them?

Thanks!

2. derpderp

Nov 17, 2011
    So no one then?

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just did a google for them

Urrrgh, so basically potentially more crappy ad's in games to watch/view ? Urrrgh no thanks (from a gamer point of view).

4. ToySoldier

ToySoldier Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Are you using them to promote your game or to display ads?

5. We have used adcolony and love it. eCPMs and fill are both great!

Wish you could expert their reports as CSVs, but other than that I have no complaints.

6. raonboy

raonboy Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Adcolony is one of the best at this time. I think :p

7. derpderp

Nov 17, 2011
    How do they work?

Do you get paid if they pay the video?, does the video play by itself?
    How much do you earn per video playback? or does the user have to click through for you to earn any money?

Do video's work per playback/impression?

To be honest i dont want my users having to watch a video if im not going to get paid at-least three times as much as a standard full screen interstitial ad (maybe 0.5c per playback)

Thanks

8. M.O.

M.O. Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    I am not sure about add colony, but with most video ads networks you are paid on completed views. I think that generally the eCPM for video ads is between $5-$25.

9. Kafu

Kafu Well-Known Member

I integrated it in an update that is now in "waiting for review" status. I will back with some numbers next week.

10. MWhite_ACSupport

MWhite_ACSupport New Member

Apr 29, 2013
    I work with AdColony's Support team and saw your questions. Thank you for your interest in our product.

We pay based on completed video views. For more detailed information on monetization, our Publishing team is your best resource. You can contact them directly at [email protected].

Once you've integrated our SDK into your app, you choose your placements. You can have the videos start automatically after a user reaches a certain level for example (interstitial video placements). We also offer our V4VC option (Videos-For-Virtual-Currency) where you can reward users with virtual currency in exchange for watching video ads. With V4VC, the user will trigger the play of the video by clicking a button in your app.

This is a very basic description of what we do. If you have further technical questions, please reach out to me at [email protected].

11. ryansumo

ryansumo Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Freelance artist
    Manila
    Kafu any updates on your experience?

12. Hijinkz

Hijinkz New Member

May 10, 2013
    I have experience with AdColony. They are a good bunch of people to work with on either placing a video ad or implementing them in your game. They are quick to load up and it's easy to continue playing the game if you aren't interested in the ad subject.