100 Rogues 2.9.2

Discussion in 'Mac App Store Games' started by WesPaugh, Jul 5, 2011.

1. WesPaugh

WesPaugh Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    The Software Developer, 100 Rogues
    Rochester, NY
    #1 WesPaugh, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
    So, we've got an OS X port of 100 Rogues now available on the Mac App Store! I hadn't even realized TA had a forum or else I'd have posted here last month when we shipped.

Anywhoo, it's $4.99 currently, and includes every IAP our iOS version currently has (i.e. a $6 value by whatever screwed up value system the App Stores have). Pricing could go either direction as development of both versions continue.

Good heavens, look at me talking like you all know about this game already. Here's our site http://www.100Rogues.com

And a link to the iOS thread on this site, as well: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=53915

Here's our features:
    • Roguelike mechanics (permadeath, hunger, dungeon crawling)
    • 3 unique worlds and boss fights
    • More than 50 unique enemy types with different AI behaviours
    • 7 Player Classes with more coming in future updates
    • Combo and Endless Modes
    • Strategic, unique, skill trees for each classes
    • Hundreds of randomized items, weapons and potions
    • Randomly generated dungeons
    • Challenge Mode with 10 tutorial / skill challenges (more coming soon)

Also, here's a video of the OS X port in action:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMUOAmyVnuw

2. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    I don't have a Mac, but I just wanted to say congratulations on this release. I love this game on my iPod, and I hope more people get to experience it now. :D

3. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    2.9.4 is shipping out now!

Changes:

New Content:
    New Player Class: White Knight! The spirits of dead Rogues are reanimated into slow, heavy-hitting suits of armor, and must find Satan to earn their place among the dead. Abilities: Wall of Swords, Stomp, Monumental Protection, and more! ($1 IAP)

New Weapons: Sawed-off Bow (Scoundrel only) and Dagger of Fear

Balance Changes:
    Heal Meals restore 40 health, rather than fully restoring health
    Targets of Zombie's 'Infect' skill have their damage scaled down appropriately based on the world they are in

Bug Fixes
    Friendly fire once again triggers with appropriate frequency
    Item sprites no longer draw on top of actors after saving and loading a game
    Reflection angle improved on reflected projectiles
    Monsters with chance-to-occur debuffs coupled with melee attacks once again make the necessary dice roll rather
    Various stability improvements

4. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    #4 tblrsa, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
    Will you guys keep updating the OSX App?

It´s nice, but there are some things missing like the Music and the Dinosaur Char as well as some of the Monster Chars. I know this game is kind of old now, but I still love to play it.

5. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks! Yes, I know it is a bit out of date, currently. Due to extremely poor sales on the platform, it fell from being a high priority, and so over time it's become harder and harder to go back and update.

An update is coming, one that will catch the version up with all the iOS content.

At the moment, I am incredibly busy rewriting the game from the ground up for an Ouya port. Since I'm only able to work part-time on 100 Rogues, now, that doesn't leave me hardly any time for iOS / OS X.

I should, hopefully, be able to get an OS X and iOS update out in about another month. Hopefully. But I don't think I'll be able to commit to anything more than bug fixes and implementations for iOS content on OS X.

Thanks! You're actually the first person to bring this up, which I've sort of been waiting to hear (squeaky wheels and such).

6. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Yes, I already suspected low sales as a reason. I think the MAS is not able to keep up with iOS Sales in any aspect sadly.

Glad to see an update coming though. :)

7. shonen

shonen New Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Also looking for OSX updates

Really enjoy the game, bought it for both ipad and Mac. Mac version would be much more fun with the updates already in iOS, especially the bruiser and dungeoneer.

Sorry to hear about the poor OSX sales. The Mac app store unfortunately isn't a great place for advertising, people just don't need to go in there regularly like they do with itunes/iOS. It's a great game for the price, hopefully the word will get out. Maybe the update will help drive some coverage.

S