Can we get a Plant vs Zombies type Tower Defense game?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by wonderva, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wonderva

wonderva Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    just bought this game.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/3590/

it is awesome!

they should make a port or a similar game for the iphone.

only one I can think of thats similar is Zombie Attack!

2. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Herefordshire, U.K.

Yes, I'm loving this game. Hopefully Popcap are already working on an iPhone port. Peggle's coming, Bejeweled is already out, fingers crossed.

3. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    me too. the iphone seems to be perfect for TDs because touch is easy and more precise than a mouse, and it doesn't require tons of graphics or computing power. Now if only Devs would release more original TDs (like this one) because set paths are much more common than the "free flow" of this. I am sure if peggle is even close to as successful as bejeweled, peggle nights will be out soon and this will be available minutes later. :p

4. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I beg to differ.

Anyways, I have seen some gameplay of this game and it looks awesome. I love the music vid. If they have a demo I will try it out first. What makes it different from the rest of the TDs though? How does the game work?

5. Albtraum

Albtraum Active Member

May 2, 2009
    I'm truly surprised to find that zombies and plants are mortal enemies. Well, learn something new every day, I guess.

6. Adr3naLine

Adr3naLine Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    AHahaha, I just bought this game like 2 minutes ago. Totally awesome in every way possible! So many different "plants" and zombies in this game! I really do hope that they port it over. $9.99 on Steam is well-priced and the graphics are within iPhone and iPod Touch capabilities so I can easily see myself buying this for iPod Touch even though I have it on my PC.

7. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Well it isn't more precise, but it is faster to use when the touch areas are "finger friendly"
    Also, this game is more like a cross between a castle defense and tower defense. It is free form, open, but you can't make a path because they can destroy towers too. It is really different and fun.

8. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #8 ultimo, May 6, 2009
    Last edited: May 6, 2009
    We have something on the same lines... Garden War (http://appshopper.com/games/garden-war) ?
    ikno no Zombies, but there are pests.. also they have the path.. its only 99 cents now..

Lite version also available (http://appshopper.com/games/garden-war-free)

Oops, towers are not destroyable on this one garden war..

Want to try Inkoming! ? that os a neat game.. also has a lite version.. the Road the Creeps / da Pests take is damageable.. :)

9. tonysfavourite

tonysfavourite Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    i saw that game. is it really worth the price? i don't really believe in desktop td games. (and i don't mean desktop tower defense ofc :-D)

10. Ph4ntom4

Ph4ntom4 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Yes.

11. Adr3naLine

Adr3naLine Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    #11 Adr3naLine, May 6, 2009
    Last edited: May 18, 2009
    Without a doubt worth every penny. It scored a 90 on metacritic which is very hard to do considering that site is an average of all the reviews of the game.
    There's soooo many levels! Plus mini games are fun too. 50 different plant types that serve different purposes (i.e. Plants that can be in the water or ones that can shoot through screen door shields). You also have to utilize grave clearers to free up space to plant or lily pads to allow ground plants to be on water. 25 Different types of zombies also require the player to strategize more and seeing that you can only bring 6,7,8...plants each level, choosing the right ones can be quite the task.
    This and Defense Grid: The Awakening are my two favorite TD games and they are both for PC through Steam.
    If you love TD's, do yourself a favor and try this one out. It's definitely worth every penny!

12. Rithkil

Rithkil Active Member

May 17, 2009
    Student
    Bellingham, WA
    I was thinking of getting it after playing the trial, but I would like to see if Pop Cap makes it for the app store. This would be a perfect game for the iPhone/iPod touch and would be a refreshing addition to all the tower defense games on the app store.

13. PlayCreek

PlayCreek Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    The whole game design looks like iPhone port was in mind already :)
    Nice game!

14. kcbc

kcbc Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Never played Plants vs Zombies but from some reviews sounds like the iphone game Vanguard Storm by Square Enix is similar. There is a lite version to try.

15. Trotgar

Trotgar Well-Known Member

May 9, 2009
    #15 Trotgar, May 18, 2009
    Last edited: May 18, 2009
    If someone wants to try Plants vs. Zombies...

...just download the free 60-minute trial from popcap's website, I think no one has problems finding it, there's a huge ad on the first screen. :) I think it's great.

16. John

John Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    I don't want a "type of" plants vs zombies, I want the original.

17. Rithkil

Rithkil Active Member

May 17, 2009
    Student
    Bellingham, WA
    Exactly

18. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    PopCap.. Are you reading ?

19. lazypeon

lazypeon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

I bought it a few days ago and it's a steal at $10. There are very few games I play after 'beating' them. However on this game, I've completed the 'Adventure' mode, and it unlocks tons of minigames. Each minigame is like a totally new way to play the same game. I was really impressed with the final boss too -- very creative.

It's not really like Vanguard Storm, besides the fact that they're 2D TD games. I see the comparison a lot, but they don't really "feel" the same at all. PvZ is certainly a better deal, and I'd definitely buy it again if they ported it to iPhone.

I thought I'd never pay for a desktop TD game with all the free Flash ones, but PvZ is totally worth it.

20. wonderva

wonderva Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Yeah, PopCap, please, I will buy this game at full price if you port it over.