How to change wireless from PPPoE to PPPoA?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Somerandomdude, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I just got a Belkin N150 wireless router today so I could use my iPod online, and one of the big things I wanted to do with it is play COD Zombies online. After reading some threads it says I have to change my settings to PPPoA but I don't know how to do that on my router. I checked online and it was no use. Anyone know what to do?

2. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    I have a lynksys router and it is ppoe settings and I can play cod zombies online. Ports need to be opened for all your wireless devices which I don't know how to do but if you call the customer support line for your belkin I'm sure they will remotely do it for you (hopefully). Lynksys set mine up for me while I was on the phone with them and it took about a half hour and then I was all set.

3. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Ok so it's not the PPPoA I need... I just need to mess around with some other settings... Thanks, I'll take a look into that later. In the meantime, I'll be playing Eliminate. Hopefully, they release an update fixing this annoyance.

4. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    PPPoA was a setting that changed whe i got a new router, and thats what got my cod:zombies working online. if you can figure out how to change it on that router you may as well give it a shot. it couldnt hurt

but first try and find the DMZ setting and put the IPAdress as your iPod/iPhone's one

you can find your idevices IP Adress by going into settings > wifi > click the blue arrow on your network your connected to

5. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    #5 Somerandomdude, Nov 23, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
    Thanks, I'll give the DMZ setting a shot real fast since I can't find anyway to get PPPoA on my router so far, only PPPoE. I'll post back and let you know how it goes.

I just tried it, and it unfortunately it still gives the same error message. I still can't find the PPPoA setting, so I guess I'm still going singleplayer for now.

6. Ace_97

Ace_97 Well-Known Member

so linksys works even with PPPoE.?