A Quirky Casual Game - Please give me feedback!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by treksterjay, Apr 16, 2014.

1. treksterjay

treksterjay Member

Jan 9, 2014
  2. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    #2 Blackharon, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    Ah it launched! Congrats!

Edit: Aww - I was really excited to try the multiplayer version of the game but there are no players yet. That's a real turn off!

3. treksterjay

treksterjay Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Thank you! It was a long enduring process getting it to launch. However, I believe the hard part is just getting started.

Yes, I know. I am trying my hardest to get a base of active players as playing on multiplayer is the way to maximize the fun from this app.

4. dirkle

dirkle Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Software
    Nice game. After a couple of plays I got the hang of it and it's pretty fun.

Pros:
    1. I like the design and feel of the game. Everything is smooth and it has a clean feel to it.

2. The strategy of the game can get interesting. I haven't played enough to get it down but I see a lot of potential here.

Cons:

1. Why do I have to log into Game Center? I'm not even able to play single player without it. This is the only game that has done this to me.

2. I had to work to figure out the game play. What was happening wasn't exactly intuitive to me. It's interesting once I figured it out, but I had to go through the tutorial twice and play 3-4 games of having no idea what was happening.

3. Power-ups. At a quick glance, they are very expensive and I don't even get one or two to try out. I wouldn't pay to get them because I don't have any reference to what they can do and why I should spend money for them. Maybe starting with a random power or something would give me some more interest.