Atmospug, the Cloud Jumping Dog (by Gut Shot Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jamescam, May 21, 2014.

1. jamescam

jamescam Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Happy Thanksgiving to our friends at Touch Arcade!

[​IMG]

2. jamescam

Mar 4, 2014
    The end is in sight! Just a couple more days of polish and into submission it goes.

[​IMG]

3. jamescam

Mar 4, 2014
    In celebration of our upcoming launch on the App Store we are counting down the 25 Atmospugs of Christmas! Follow along @gutshotgames

[​IMG]

4. jamescam

Mar 4, 2014
    Here are some of Atmospug, the Cloud Jumping Dog's hardest (3 Star) levels...

Ironically more clouds makes the level harder in this case as you are dodging a bird that changes levels after each fly by...
    [​IMG]

Parachute Cats are probably my most favorite enemy as their animation when you hit them is pretty cute (totally unbiased opinion)...
    [​IMG]

You have to take the top path, avoiding Rocket Cats is harder than it seems...
    [​IMG]

5. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    When is the launch and how much will Atmospug cost?

6. jamescam

Mar 4, 2014
    #26 jamescam, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    Thanks for asking!

When is Launch: The game will be submitted to Apple for review this week. I think turn around is typically a week but with the holiday I anticipate I missed the 12/22 cut off so it wont launch until just after Christmas or the 1st week in January.

How much is it: The game will be free to play but I want to be absolutely transparent on ads & in app purchases. For free the player will get 30 levels, featuring all but 1 enemy, cloud type, and obstacle along with 3 lives. After 3 deaths the player will be served an ad, this is the only ad placement in the game. There are 3 IAP categories. Deluxe Edition, where for $.99 the player can unlock 10 more levels featuring a new enemy, cloud type and obstacle. Bones, where for $.99 the player can permanently start with 5 lives instead of 3. And finally Pamper, where the player can choose to outfit the Pug with a Mask & Cape or Tutu & Tiarra, either outfit costs $.99. Any purchase permanently disables ads.

Ironically I have sent proposals to different charities (including Red Cross & Save The Children) trying to give them a portion of the proceeds for Pamper purchases. Never heard back from any of them :(

This is truly a labor of love! (EDIT: Pic Added)

[​IMG]

7. Aden Apps

Aden Apps Active Member

Nov 25, 2014
    Your graphic designer is really talented

8. jamescam

Mar 4, 2014
    Atmospug, the Cloud Jumping Dog was (finally) submitted to the App Store yesterday. Looking forward to moving on up to the released games forum :)

Thanks everyone who has followed this thread.

9. jamescam

Mar 4, 2014
    Binary rejected is such a harsh term :(
    Seems there was a bug that prevented Restoring Purchases, fixed and resubmitted now Im back in the waiting for review queue. Like watching pain dry...

10. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    That sucks hopefully all goes well this time

11. jamescam

Mar 4, 2014
    ACHIEVEMENT: Atmospug has been approved by Apple and will be launching on the App Store on 2/12 or 2/19!

[​IMG]

Three things...
    1. If you followed this thread at all, even a casual opening once or twice THANK YOU! I made this game to try something different, if it works it works if not it was still fun and thanks for being part of it.
    2. If you hear of anything big launching on 2/12 let me know. Apple doesnt seem interested in honoring my request of holding all game launches that day :)
    3. I hope you give it a try. It's free with very few banners and minimal IAP so give it a try and tell me what you think.

12. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Congrats it's a long time in coming. I wish you all the best and you can count on me for tweets and etc to help spread the word

13. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    I'll check it out!

14. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Looks great. Can't wait to give it a try

15. jamescam

Mar 4, 2014
    Official trailer added!

16. secredut

secredut Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Cool artwork, bro! I'll keep an eye on this!

17. jamescam

Mar 4, 2014
    #37 jamescam, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015
    Thanks for all the kind words and support!
    We got our first review but out of respect to TA I wont link to it, but post this quote -
    "...a great challenge along with a very interesting concept and cool design." Cranium Code

Left Shark mystery solved - Sorry Katy!​

[​IMG]

18. jamescam

Mar 4, 2014
  19. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    It's funny to see redribbon fail so many times on the first level. I have not seen him in a while.