iOS game with the best graphics

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tsharpfilm, Sep 21, 2010.

1. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Aside from Epic Citadel, which iOS game, in your opinion, has the best graphics?

2. canadu

canadu Member

Jan 27, 2010
    I've been playing Mirror's Edge and it rocks! Great graphics and sound.

3. tonyunreal

tonyunreal Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    If you mean 3D games, my vote goes to Real Racing. Many gameloft games are great too but the lack of solid framerates sometimes give my headache.

4. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Yeah, Mirror's Edge definitely ranks in the top 10, or top 5.

My buy finger has been hovering over that game for about a month now. How is the sense of speed in Real Racing?

5. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    The game of LIFE 3D WHOA! Jk, from what I have I think I was impressed with first Rolando, Eliminate, then GT Academy, Plunderland, Happy Fight, and now I've been into the whole retro look lately so not sure if that counts, but Incident, Super Worm, and Solipskier which isn't 8bit but borderline I guess.

I think I'm enjoying the wave of retro titles lately because it's filling the gaps of games I played as a kid. In the sense that, back then the ideas were there but the technology wasn't. Now we are seeing that old school look/simple gameplay but the graphic details are fleshed out a lot more. Back in the day you would get so used to how NES games would recycle backgrounds, or objects that you could point out patterns.

6. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Not so good. I really didn't like Real Racing, it looks good, and that's about it. To me it feels less like a game and more like a tech demo, it just lacks any sort of substance, and isn't fun to play.

For me, anyways.

7. DrMonkey

DrMonkey Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    #7 DrMonkey, Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
    I'd say Mirror's Edge, Zombie Flick, Backbreaker, Need for Speed, Snake Galaxy, Zen Bound (1 & 2)... and a lot of the newer Gameloft games look amazing as well.

And for the nice looking 8-bit or 16-bit games, I'd say Canabalt (of course), Solipskier, The Incident, Pizza Boy, Super Worm, and Sonic (if that counts ;b)

8. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    all of the illusion labs games are stunning.

the subtle 3d effect in labyrinth 2 is absolutly amazing to me. gives the screen an illusion of depth that i think is nothing short of incredible. fooseball has a similar visual style to the labyrinth games...not quite as dramatic because the playing field never tilts but still really pretty...especially when the ball gets up in the air. touchgrind and sway are also serious eye candy. all are really great games as well.

labyrinth 2 gets my vote. i'm sure there are more powerful examples of graphics but the subtle beauty of this game is awesome.

9. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    That's what I've heard. A lot of complaints about boring level design too.

Just picked up Zombie Flick.

Zen Bound 2 has to rank in the top 5. The textures, shadows, and rope physics are nothing short of stunning.

That's another game I've kind of wanted, but have been hesitant about getting. $5 seems kind of steep (by app store standards) for a labyrinth game.

10. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    for THE labyrinth game.

no, i understand. there are games i'm more than willing to pay $5 for...and in retrospect, i'm not sure this one should have been one of them. that being said, now that i have it, i'm happy i do. i'm not sure if it will see regular playing, but it does have a TON of replay value with all the user generated content and there was a GC update today i think. it is stunningly beautiful...and there is a lite version if you just want to check it out. i definitely suggest it. $5 is relatively steep...but you definitely get what you pay for. very polished.

11. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    That's what I like to hear. Once I saw the update, I've been wanting the game and I'll probably get it.

12. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    :D

I just gave the lite version a try. I could see myself killing a lot of time with this game, trying to beat old my times, and the designer's times. And I see it has retina display now. That might look nice on my iPotch 4G. I'll definitely consider it.

13. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Gameloft games are beautiful but lack FPS...its more like 15-20fps...

14. canadu

canadu Member

Jan 27, 2010
    You'd think with all the cash coming from the Appstore that they would bring their A game to a aspects of their games including faster frame rate, voice talent, and original story.

15. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    Chaos Rings might be expensive but it does have great graphics and amazing soundtrack.

16. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Hero of Sparta II lite was recently released. I'm about to try it now. If it doesn't wow me, I'll likely get Labyrinth 2, or FINALLY get Street Fighter, another game with stellar graphics. I don't think anything looks quite like it in the app store.

17. canadu

canadu Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Have you tried Rimelands: Hammer of Thor, I wanna pick that up next.

18. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    Visual-wise it doesn't look that good, personally I much prefer dungeon hunter. What put me off of Rimelands is its gameplay (rolling dice? doesn't seem at all appealing to me). But maybe other members can give a much better opinion since I don't have the game.

19. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    2XL always has good graphics. Although stay away from Rallylite. I've heard the suspension is crap and no one to race against?!

20. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I'd say Spiderman.