How do I save game progress to PC when I remove an app?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by underage17, Nov 9, 2012.

1. underage17

underage17 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I have games like RR2, MC3 and NFS Most Wanted on my iPad but the problem is, its a 16 gb variant. So every time I have to install an app, I have to delete another one to make space. I want to save my progress either to my PC or my iPad itself so that if I reinstall an old app, i don't have to start over.

I don't know if its against the forum policy to mention this, but my iPad is jail broken, so I do have access to all files, but I need to know exactly which ones to back up in each game (at least in the aforementioned games)

Anyone know?

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    The files to save will be different for each app, unfortunately.

Best you can do is make a complete copy of the app's folders and hope that copying it back will work.

Better keep copies of the specific IPA files that go with the saves - when you put it back on, you'll want to instal that IPA, then copy the files, then update the app (as save systems may change and might not work with the older files.)

Major props to games like The Quest and Junk Jack that let you backup your saves via iTunes File Sharing, I wish more games did this (especially large games like Infinity Blade, which I had deleted before the additional content came out and I was in no way willing to grind through it again to get to where I could play with the new stuff...)

3. underage17

underage17 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I think I'll copy the Documents folder in every game and paste it when reinstalling. Hope it works