Captain Casual: inspired by Asteroids and The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by johnstricker, Oct 27, 2013.

1. johnstricker

johnstricker New Member

Oct 27, 2013
    Developer
    Boston
    If you've played asteroids, there was that moment when you would hit the 'thrust' button and all hell would break loose. Captain Casual takes the overhead ship perspective and that sense of danger and then adds a science fiction action adventure comedy to the formula.

[​IMG]

To make this game, I've built a custom OpenGL ES graphics engine and have created the game's assets using open source tools such as Blender and Gimp.

I'm planning on first releasing this game for iOS. I've got a kickstarter running for the game and it's only got 3 days left: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/295183441/captain-casual

If you're interested in the game & have an iPhone, feel free to message me if you'd like a demo of the game via testflight.

thanks!

2. Schutzenegger

Schutzenegger Member

Jun 7, 2012
    As a kid I would challenge myself in asteroids by having the thrust on all the time. It got nuts, but I loved that feeling.

3. johnstricker

johnstricker New Member

Oct 27, 2013
    Developer
    Boston
    yeah that feeling that just one wrong move and it was all over. Maybe it was because of how things drifted but it'd seem like things would go into slow motion right before you exploded. It'd be like 'oh no! oh no!' BOOM.