Final Fantasy Tactics like game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by saguy03, Jul 9, 2009.

1. saguy03

saguy03 Member

Jul 9, 2009
    I'm about to go on a long trip and have been curious if there are any final fantasy tactics like games in the app store?

I'm not crazy about tower defense games.. they just bore me after a while.

I'm also looking for a good turn-based RPG (aka like final fantasy!). I am about to try Zenonia Lite to see how that is -- but I believe its more Zelda like.

Anyway, appreciate the help!

2. MikeyLax18

MikeyLax18 Member

Jul 8, 2009
    NONEE
    Philadelphia
    #2 MikeyLax18, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
    Zononia!

Dude this is probably the best answer you will get. GET FULL GAME ZENONIA!
    I just bought the game yesterday and I CANT STOP PLAYING. Its not turn based, think of it as final fantasy mixed with Zelda. Its an amazing action RPG with different endings, 40-50 hours with of game play, choose between good or evil for different story lines. If your good you fight with the holy knights, and if your bad you kill them! 3 differnt character types, Paladin: Strong and Magical, Warrior: Brute strength, Assassin: SPEED! I picked the assassin. After about 30 hours of gameplay, you can always replay the game with a different character and choose a completely different path! Plus 3 characters 30-50 hours of gameplay each x 3 thats 120+ hours. The game is soo much fun and its funny and it just keep drawing you in with more challenges. Its quest based, do as many sub quests as you can find, and do one main quest at a time to advance the story. Good luck! Good/ evil, what will you choose?

3. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    No, he meant Final Fantasy Tactics, a turn-based strategy game. Zenonia is an action RPG.

Anyway, I'd check out Mecho Wars. Upcoming updates will include online multiplayer, another storyline, and more. Right now its a pretty cool game. Also, Rein of Swords (both 1 and 2) and UniWar are pretty fun TBS games. Note that most of these are more like Advance Wars than FFT, but they will probably be great for you.

4. STP_Tim

Apr 7, 2009
    Sorry for the double post.

As for turn-based RPGs, the only one that comes to mind is Vay. I haven't tried it so can't say whether its good or not.

5. saguy03

saguy03 Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Thanks for the quick replies!

Zenonia seems pretty fun.

Are there any great RTS games? I've seen some come and go, but nothing really caught my eye before. I haven't really been following iphone games lately.. so I may have missed out on a few.

Inspiration for them would be Warcraft/Starcraft/Command and Conquer series.

6. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Warfare inc is a lot like starcraft, mecho wars is like advance wars, I've played both and they're both pretty good. Also I haven't played it but quantum collapse has been brought up a bunch, and seems to have a generated a following with promises of multiplayer.

7. STP_Tim

Apr 7, 2009
    Quantum Collapse is good fun and a new skirmish mode brings a lot of replay value. I would NOT recommend Stragea or Rise of Lost Empires. Both of those are no good at all.

8. saguy03

saguy03 Member

Jul 9, 2009
    #8 saguy03, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
    Scratch that - I found reviews of them. I'm checking out Quantum Collapse as we speak.

9. STP_Tim

Apr 7, 2009
    Controls are horrible, AI is crap, your units don't listen... its a disaster.

10. WeirdGuy

WeirdGuy Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Wut!?!?!?

The controls of RoLE worked fine for me, and AI was solid, and units followed my orders pretty much exactly. The only problem is that it is kinda short for a RTS, with like around 3 hours of gameplay, but it was a lotta fun:D
    Don't no wat was wrong with u :confused:

11. saguy03

saguy03 Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Quantum Collapse

Although Quantum Collapse has pretty visuals.. it feels like the resolution is waaay to high. Almost squinting to read the text.

I played Warefare inc. on windows mobile.. i may pop that one back up for old times sake.

12. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    For turn-based tactical action:

If you are interested in deep gameplay and tons of varied single-player content with limited story elements and some upgrade opportunities for your units (which you carry with you through the whole campaign), then try Reign of Swords 1.

If you are interested in an OK single-player without much story, but rock-solid, fun multiplayer along the usual TBS formula, then try Uniwar.

These 2 have Lites for you to try, IIRC.

If pretty presentation and nice music are your thing, then try Mecho Wars.

I have and enjoy all of them, but none is a SRPG. However, they probably come closer than Zenonia.
    BTW, I am currently trying a Lite of it and is it just me or are the controls awful? I mean, lining the char up to talk to somebody or to enter a door (!) is a complete chore.

13. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Dude just jailbreak your phone. It's not difficult and contrary to popular belief you can't ruin your device. I have final fantasy tactics advance and golden sun, along with pokemon and Final fantasy 6. This is exactly what you are looking for.

14. saguy03

saguy03 Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Yeah.. they controls feel kinda sticky.. or a little off. I guess its something to get used to?

15. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    It does run surprisingly well.
    [​IMG]