iPhone Duck Bumps (by Antti Ojala)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 8, 2015.

1. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England

Duck Bumps

Antti Salama
    Flap away with your duck and try to bump the other ducks to bits! Oh, and watch out for those falling duck bits, they ca…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Flap away with your duck and try to bump the other ducks to bits! Oh, and watch out for those falling duck bits, they can still bump you out. Features: • Up to four players on one device • Simple two-button controls • Classic jump and bump gameplay • Seven unique, quirky levels • Random level modifiers for extra randomness • Ducks How to play: Use the buttons in the corner to control your duck. Tap multiple times to fly! Bump on other ducks to get points.
    Information
    Seller:Antti Salama
    Genre:Board, Family
    Release:Mar 09, 2015
    Updated:Dec 08, 2016
    Version:1.3.0
    Size:64.4 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA

Can't seem to find this anywhere...

3. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Looks like Drop Wizard at glance. Graphic looks pretty cool. Put this on my watchlist

4. Kyynele

Kyynele Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Game Artist/Dev
    Tampere, Finland
    #4 Kyynele, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2015
  5. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Got a promo code earlier, and gave it a go.

Duck Bumps is a pretty fun and simple competitive multiplayer game. Single vs PC, or up to 4 players on the same device, your goal is to eliminate the other ducks by jumping on their heads.

Controls are simply left and right buttons, with your bird moving in said directions in a sort of "flappy" motion. Stages are connected to themselves on open edges, allowing you to fall through and reappear at top.

Levels are often finished in seconds. The number of ducks you have bumped is tallied, and the first to 10 wins.

Graphics are clean, colorful, and very well done.

Unfortunately there is not a lot of stages to play.

Multiplayer is also local-only.

6. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Any chance for iPhone? Or no plans for that? Looks really fun with friends.

7. wahkiz

wahkiz Active Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Looks like could be some fun, would appreciate if there's any promo codes to try it out.

8. Kyynele

Kyynele Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Game Artist/Dev
    Tampere, Finland
    #8 Kyynele, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    Sorry for missing this earlier. I just released the first update for the game, adding support for iPhone (universal build), a new level, a new level modifier and improving FPS among other smaller fixes.

I'll also give away some more promo codes soon. Sorry for posting them in the wrong place last time. :)

Also, thanks strivemind for the review! I intend to have that amount of stages thing fixed, but that, of course, won't happen overnight.

9. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I totally missed this update.. I'll buy it tomorrow for my iPhone after getting some sleep now. #

10. ironheart

ironheart New Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Student
    I hope it could free to play......

11. Kyynele

Kyynele Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Game Artist/Dev
    Tampere, Finland
    Sorry about that. :/

I personally prefer games that don't have their gameplay designed to make you reach for your wallet to have more fun. I also prefer games that don't flood you with ads, and I'd imagine that in a local multiplayer game, forcing all 4 people to watch ads would be even more irritating than in a single player game.

I'm aware there are differing opinions to what is the best way to monetise games, and I did try to pick the one that I personally felt was most fair.

If 1.99 dollars for the game feels too much for the content you get, I guess I'll just have to keep adding new things in updates as I have been, until there's enough stuff to make it a no-brainer for value. :)