iPhone Fighting Fantasy: House of Hell (digital gamebook)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheTinMan, Dec 4, 2012.

1. TheTinMan

TheTinMan Well-Known Member

Coming January 2013!

[​IMG]

2. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Ooooooo! Nowi have two books to look forward to! Serious, I usually just blind buy these, I am such a fan of this company!

3. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Woo, House of Hell was always my favourite of the Fighting Fantasy gamebooks for some reason, which is why I was happy when I saw it mentioned back alongside Blood of the Zombies. Interesting that the first two FF books Tin Man took on happen to be the two set on Earth in modern times, rather than the usual Titan-based fantasy (and occasional other sci-fi) setting.

However, while I loved most of the nature of this book, I also had a problem with it in terms of its severely punishing nature and barely-masked linearity; you really had to do things one particular way, or you'd simply lose. In fact, it was designed so unfairly that certain large sections of the house were inescapable dead-ends that would always result in death in one way or another if you entered them at all, although you couldn't know that before entering them, and wouldn't find that out until some time later when the progress you thought you were making was rudely cut short - quite literally, usually.

4. TheTinMan

New screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Arriving on the App Store end of January!

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Great news !

Take it its universal though, not just ipad ?

6. TheTinMan

Yup, Universal! Posted here as I only had iPad screens at the moment.

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Mine, too. An instabuy for me.