Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. pinpoint007

pinpoint007 Member

Nov 14, 2011
    or some kind of online profile ranking system?? I'd like to be able to see where I am against other players.

2. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Or actually much more of a chance to win, I think. Strategy helps, especially if you can setup sone of these legendary combos, but just sticking true to any of the game's winning tactics (collecting constructs, hording swords, or maybe simply maximizing your mana), you'll be up to competitive speed in no time even if you don't know all of the game's cards that well.

3. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I don't think the +1 power puts it over the top . Snapdragon +1 Rune, is helpful but not over the top, what I think puts it over the top, is the ability to banish a card every single turn. Even with cards like, arbiter (both of them), Ahra Sensei, Shade of the Black Watch, Void Initiate, etc. You have to wait until you draw them to make use of them. With Black Hole, once it's in play, it quickly let's you banish a card every single turn. If the game is turning out to give constructs and you have too many Power Cards, just banish those and play more Rune giving cards and vice versa. It also allows you to get rid of your basic cards to get to your other cards way faster.

There was a game where I had two Arbiter of Precipe, and that moved fast along with other drawing cards. So I would say that the only thing to beat a black hole would be two arbiters with Other good drawing cards to get rid of those commons, build a good draw engine, and get enough resources per turn to be an explosive solid deck. Of course.....this one is a lot harder to pull of than a single Black Hole, which becomes really OP after the 5th/6th turn its been in play, due to really thinning out your deck for the later game.

gg's so far camzy, i think we're definitely even now, with you maybe in the lead by 1 or two games.

Also, does anyone else thing that Arbiter of Fate is a pretty useless card? I can see it have some simple uses here and there, but for the most part it seems pretty useless, especially with the high cost of 4-rune. I'd rather spend it on another mystic at this pt. Even Arha Initiate is more useful at its 1-rune cost and chances of getting a better card after it (assuming you acquired that card first and NOT last)

4. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Totally agree on Black Hole being the best early-game card, if I manage to snag it within the first few rounds, I usually win the game about 75-80% of the time.

Arbiter of Fate: Even though Arbiter of the Prepice is far superior, I'll still snag AoF if the opportunity presents itself early-on and there isn't a better draw and/or banish card out. It does replace itself, gives the option to banish and is worth 2 honor...still decent but not the best.

5. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Re: onewithchaos

I think Black Hole would be balanced if it were worth 3 honor at the end, and didn't give +1 power.

Good games! I want to go to an actual tournament, but I don't have the physical game, and they're all storm of souls games. I want the IOS version now!!

6. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    SoS has been submitted to the app store. Screenshots will come later today.

7. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I've already bought dominion and neuroshima hex but this is my next purchase for sure. I wasn't even aware that there were tournaments. I should look more into it.

and regarding black hole: yea it's value is just too good. in fact I'd argue that raising it to 6 runes instead of 5 would make it more balanced since neither player would be able to snag it withing the first two turns. giving you a chance to plan a course of attack instead.

8. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    you've just made my day :)

9. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    So in my only two games, all of a sudden mid-way it lets me do all my turns at once. This is because the other person quit? Why must I finish if the other person quit?

I'm very underwhelmed so far, but I'd try a few games with decent opponents that wont quit if anyone is interested in a 3 game series or so.

10. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    You can claim a win if they forfeit without having to play the remaining turns. Hit menu, and then claim win.

11. Arkard

Arkard Member

May 5, 2012
    Am I reading this right that Storm of Souls is a bigger set than the previous expansion? I ammmm even more pumped! :D

12. Vernimator

Vernimator Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    3D Artist, Mobile App Developer
    Charlotte Area, NC
    And all of the promo's will be available. All hail the Rat King! :D

13. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    With a name like "Verminator" this is clearly a card you've been waiting for, eh (me too)?

I wonder if they'll go the way of Nightfall and make these promos unlockable via achievements or just give them to us right off?

14. Vernimator

Vernimator Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    3D Artist, Mobile App Developer
    Charlotte Area, NC
    I certainly hope the are tied into achievements. presently Ascension has none.. :(

15. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Screenshots? Where? Can't wait!

16. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
  17. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    #2077 trystero, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
    Oh really? Where did they say the promos will be included? That's great news... I hope it includes the new card art for militia, apprentice, heavy, etc... the new art is head and shoulders better than the original :)

Oh nevermind, I see your post on bgg... awesome.

18. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Yep - I recently bought Storm of Souls (real version) and the artwork is sooo much better on the base and always available cards. It really made me wish I could buy replacement Militia, etc, cards for Return and Chronicle. At least for Return.

Yes, Storm of Souls is a full 4-player set, unlike Return of the Fallen.

19. kitkeat

kitkeat Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    holy cow... :eek::eek::eek:

i would grab that in a heart beat...

pls pls pls pls... could we even mixed up all 3 sets when playing next time? that would be sweet..and wild!

keep the games streaming folks... don't let it stop.. it has turned into one of my habits every morning and now and then when i got time to spare for the last a year or so and would continue to be this way for a long time to come. :)

20. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    Many apologies if you were in a game with me that suddenly ended, when the server went down all of a sudden 7-8 games I was in just ended. I can't wait for the expansion! So many new possibilities!!' :)