Modern Combat 4

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by elisha11230, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    #2781 Kbcorwin, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
    It is not lies. You ARE offending people by implying we are lying and slandering our integrity. For me, I DO NOT LAG, unless I have connection lag or an interruption in the connection. I was getting crashes until I restarted my device and played with NO apps running in the background (cleared the multitasking bar). This is how I play device intensive games so as to avoid crashes and lag. I do not get crashes and lag on gameloft games when I do this.
    Edit: I agree that the game may not run well, I'm just saying that everyone doesn't have the same experience.

2. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Right... Moving on... Can we have dev diary 2 please!!!! Its been years since dev diary 1!!!!!!!

3. Jman7997

Jman7997 Active Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Score Streaks

I'm really glad that they are adding point streaks instead of kill streaks. Kill streaks got annoying when people were getting nukes just running around killing people on domination and such without even capturing a single point:/ I think point streaks will make the game a lot more interesting:)

Also, i really hope that they have one really small map, kinda like nuke town or rust, where its mostly chaos, but possible to be strategic at times.....it could be the dog days map, but idk:/

Am so happy that they are keeping indoors safe from the bomber!!!! That was really annoying in mc3......

4. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    I capture flags in zone control and still get nukes

5. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Seriously though GL, I don't know how they do it in Canada, but coming soon doesn't mean 2+ weeks. Where is the next Dev Diary?

6. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    #2786 Darth Nihilus, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2012
    Oh you're bad :D

You don't get 60 fps not even on the ps3 or 360, and certainly Not on PC unless you're playing wolf 3D and I'm sure almost NEVER on the iOS.

30 is actually a decent framerate, the ps1 and the N64 ran at 30 fps.

7. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    If mc4 will work on the iPod 4, does this mean it will work on an iPad 1?

8. TheGrimCreeper

TheGrimCreeper Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    If MC4 doesn't work on iPod 4, then GAMELOFT might be in some trouble. Unless they're like [Glu Games, inc.], where as they made Contract Killer 2 for iPod 5, but they're working on support for iPod 4. But we never know. Guess we'll have to see.

9. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Plus Dead trigger, a game that looks significantly better than nova 3 or MC3 runs well above 30 fps even what you call 60 fps (lol) without a single chop and no texture downgrading (It does remove all the other fancy FX though) if it's correctly optimised, there's no reason why MC4 shouldn't be like that.

10. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utQEUKMojRY
    No way that's 30 fps, closer to 10 most of the time if not lower

11. TheGrimCreeper

TheGrimCreeper Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    I think MC4 will be released the same time BO II comes out. I think GAMELOFT wants competition with Activision...

12. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    I would said it's around 15 fps, I don't think it's 10, but we don't have a counter.

13. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Ok I just Installed a played Nova 3 again, and it goes fine in single player, it does lag a little when the wifi signal fluctuates or tries to connect to GL, If I'm near the wifi, runs fine, If I go into flight mode, it doesn't lag, I won't go into multiplayer right now cause I don't remember my GL Live password.

14. freemini

freemini Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Stavanger, Norway
    If you can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 there has to be something seriously wrong with you. That's the main reason I get my games on PC, I cannot stand frame drops. If it would run at 30 guaranteed that'd be fine, but not if it runs at 50 then drops to 20 just because something more intense happened. That's usually how most console/iOS games and poorly ported PC games do and I can't stand it.

15. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Past years Gameloft games proved they can't do that. Mc3, nova 3, spider man, batman, they all have frame drops
    Oh and the reason dead trigger ran fine is because it has do more with AI system and small map size with limited weapon selections.

16. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    #2796 Darth Nihilus, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah they run fine on mine.

Are you aware that In the Dead trigger update there are bigger maps? as big as a MC3 multiplayer map approx, with several more enemies on screen than nova 3.

Weapon selection? You can carry the same weapons than in Nova 3 or MC3, nonsense.

17. BruteOutlawz

BruteOutlawz Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Not sure where you get your info, of course you can get 60fps on pc, hell i could get 120+ frames on the dead space games and into 200+ on the latest street fighter with a gtx295 and that graphics card is about 3 to 4 years old. All depends on your hardware.

And quite a few ios games run at 60fps, again it depends on the hardware your using.

You are right about consoles though, most games run at 30fps.

18. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    I don't think he realizes that pcs vary in power, but the best are 10-30 times as powerful as a console. And even the worst aren't THAT bad, unless you're more than 4-6 years out of date. Consoles are weak and cheap, albeit designed for gaming, (essentially) pcs. They provide a relatively quality gaming experience to the general public for a lesser price than any decent pc. pcs are still more powerful.

19. BruteOutlawz

BruteOutlawz Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Agreed, im not knocking consoles. Like you say, its reasonable gaming for the masses at a reasonable price.

Pcs are powerfull but it comes at a price, built my pc about 4 years ago and put well over £1000 in it. Worth it though, starting to slow down now, so will have to upgrade again soon.

20. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Well if Dead Trigger is 10 fps then MC3 multiplayer runs at 3 fps to me...