Universal Instantion - 2D Cloning puzzle platforming

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Finjitzu, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Finjitzu

Finjitzu Member

Apr 7, 2014
    #1 Finjitzu, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    Hi everyone, I've been developing this game called Instantion as a hobby for over a year now. But it's finally ready for release! It recently passed Apple certification but I'm waiting till April 10th to try and spread the word.

Here's a short teaser trailer I did announcing the date:

If you've ever played The Swapper you'll feel very comfortable with the gameplay. If not, I've made a video that explains the basic game mechanics. It's narrated by this character Ivan.

Basically you have three seeds, this is your ammunition. Shoot seeds to spawn instances (clones). Each clone has a number that may be collected at anytime with the number icons.

I've made 50 levels with over 120 puzzles in them. Which you need to solve with the least amount of clones in the shortest time to get the best grade.

Instantion will be out April 10th on iOS and Android for $1.99. I'll be updating this thread throughout the week with a couple more videos. If you have any questions let me know!

[​IMG]

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This looks amazing, The Swapper was a brilliant game. Looking forward to this, great job and good luck!

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#3 Bronxsta, Apr 7, 2014
    I was lucky enough to get a pre-release code for this, and it's not hyperbole when I say this has quickly become one of my favorite puzzle platformers on IOS. I'm only on level 5 and it's already challenging and inventive. The controls are very responsive, the visuals are stylish, and gameplay wise, this is the closest you'll get to The Swapper on IOS. Gameplay and puzzles are that good

There's even some nice replay value: getting a better score (faster time, less clones killed), hard mode (limited clones par), permadeath mode

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #4 JCho133, Apr 7, 2014
    Well that's some good news Bronxsty

Is there a narrative?

5. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Looks interesting. Looking forward to this Thursday. What made you decide on the near "monocolor" ?

6. Finjitzu

Finjitzu Member

Apr 7, 2014
    Unfortunately, no. It's more of a level-based arcade game. I did try it though... Early versions did have different themed areas that you controlled dead clones, trying to find you master... Ivan your floating robot talked alot more. I was trying to make the player care about the clones...Had ideas for mini-games that had you playing childish games with your clones (hop-scotch, jump rope, pattie cake etc). But after some testing almost everyone thought I should cut it as it was interrupting the puzzle gameplay.

I'll be posting a 'cutting room floor' video next week probably. And I'll put in some early work of those ideas in it.

Just being a big fan of sci-fi, and in my 30s, I wanted something that was a little evil but cool. Pretty happy with the way it turned out. It's like Tron meets Lawnmower Man with hexigons. :)

Three days left! My press release got published last night so here's hoping for some coverage!

Cheers,
    Travis

7. Finjitzu

Finjitzu Member

Apr 7, 2014
  8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Wow! This looks awesome! It's nice to read the word clone and it not referring to a knockoff. I will definitely keep my eye on this.

9. gamesin

gamesin Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Kor
    simple is best!