Vampires!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Slin, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Slin

Slin Active Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Going to school...
    Eutin, Germany
    #1 Slin, Sep 16, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
    After buying a mac mini in the beginning of may to develop for iPhone and iPod Touch, this was the first ptoject I started.
    The idea was to build a simple shoot ´em up, with a special way of input, to get used to the new environment. I gave up on the way to control the game, the way I first planned for several reasons...
    Somewhen in the very beginning, I met someone at school who wanted to help me out with the graphics. Thus the game is now getting better looking with each update he sends me ;)
    After a longer break with this game (I created another game, iAtoms), I now started again working on it, to get it finally done.

The current features are:
    -Shootable vampires
    -Extrapoints for precision
    -Multiplier if you do many hits in a row, within a short time frame
    -A special item which gives extrapoints
    -an item which gives you 5 more seconds of time
    -and one that lets the sun rise which kills all vampires and that way gives points
    -The moon gets a face once per game. At tht moment it can be shot down.
    -Highscore
    -Parallax shifting
    -Reloading by shaking
    -Moving to the sides by tilting
    -In my opinion cool music
    -some cool effects

Planned is also:
    -A screaming vampire directly in front of the player, which can of course also be shot.
    -I still have to implement the sounds in the game.
    -The new points each shot gives are planned to be displayed at the right position
    -Options for music and sound volume
    -some more small fixes and stuff

I don´t want to change much anymore, but if you´ve got any good idea to improve the game, which isn´t to much work to realize (as I actually want to get done with the game), please post it ;)

You can find some pictures, the progress of the developement and some videos of the game here: http://iphone.slindev.com/vampires.html

[​IMG]

2. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Where are the gun shots and other sound effects?? All I hear is the music in this video. I hope thats just for this trailer and you`ll have some really loud bangs for gunshots in game :D

3. Slin

Slin Active Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Going to school...
    Eutin, Germany
    That is what I am just working at ;)

4. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    #4 Devilishly Good, Sep 16, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
    cool, I like the graphics very much

after watching the video, here's some brief commentary:

-please have an alternate method of reloading besides shaking...maybe a tombstone appears in the one corner or something else we can touch, or could let us touch the lower left corner where the bullet graphics are to reload
    -instead of "multiplier" you have "multiplicator" - was this intentional?
    -with your ability to tilt to scroll, one thing I was thinking would be really neat is if you have the campers around the fire in the middle and you have to protect them from the vampires so you have to shoot them before they can get to the campers...you could then tilt to scroll to keep an eye on areas to the left and right of the campers and once the campers get killed, then then it's game over for you...so the campers would represent your lives
    -you mention being able to shoot the moon - does this get a score bonus of some sort
    -would love to see this have more monsters like werewolves

So far though it looks like fun :)

5. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Ahh. Missed that one somehow :eek:
    Just remember I like my gunshots loud and clear when you add those sounds :)