iPad The World Ends with You: Solo Remix (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by chaos_envoys, Aug 26, 2012.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm guessing some of the best pins are only done with mingle so it really sucks that you can't get them on the ipod unless you have friends around you that have the game =\

2. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    not even the slightest..
    all of my favorite pins is not mingle only..

3. dankim

dankim Member

Nov 21, 2012
    any chance this is going on sale anytime soon for the holidays? gonna nab a $25 gift card tomorrow and i'm not sure if Square Enix in the past have put their games on sale for Thanksgiving/Christmas.

4. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Goty 2012?

5. LukeT

LukeT Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Some questions for who has been playing this for more time tham me ( started 2 days ago).
    1. The brands in a certain area affects only the pins or the clothes youre using are affected too?
    2. How I use scratch? tried a lot, no succes using the earthquake pin.

6. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    1. Just the pins, but wearing a brand of clothes will help raise the popularity of it in an area.
    2. Scratch = a rapid back and forth motion, direction doesn't matter. I find them hard to activate them too, so did soemone a few pages back.

7. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Try rubbing it in bigger, quicker strokes.

8. Sredan

Sredan Member

Nov 27, 2012
    #968 Sredan, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2012
    I love this game

I Really love this game .... Its not cheap but god play ...love it .... :D

www.prorunnergame.com

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Square Enix usually has sales on older products when they release a new game but WEWY is not likely to be included since it is a recent release. They have had holiday sales the past 2 years but no guarantees what would be included. It'd be safest to wait until after the holidays just to be sure. ...says the guy who is waiting on a Chrono Trigger sale.

10. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    Surprise update. Adds alternate means of getting mingle PP along with the ability to purchase some of the items which could only be gotten through trading. 100% clears are now possible if you don't know anyone else with the game.

11. Sweet, thanks for the heads-up. It's a shame this still doesn't support iPhone 5's wide screen, but I don't think that'll happen anytime soon.

12. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Very nice update. Seems we were right in trusting in and predicting that Square would follow up on the mingling issues, kinda like they actually did update FFT a number of times, with some important additions.

While I would have preferred to see online trading and mingling and slampinning (much like I would have liked to see online async multiplayer in FFT. Hey, let a man dream...), this still kinda removes the last very few, very small annoyances in a game that was already edging dangerously close to perfection ;)

Both you and dankim might be happily surprised ;)

13. robbmx77

robbmx77 Member

Aug 15, 2012
    This is your lucky week. Square enix is having both of those games on sale right now. I just got mine.

14. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thanks I have Chrono Trigger and World Ends With You on my device now, just need to find time to play them.

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah I was quite surprised too last night. I even tried out the "fixed scratching" mechanic.

I wasn't sure how we get mingle PP though. I haven't beaten the game yet so is it something I need to unlock? It says through practice or something?

16. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Maybe it means through Tin Pin Slammer? I think you could get mingle PP from that on DS, I can't remember exactly how it worked though.

17. agentganon

agentganon Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Yep, its in the Tin Pin Slammer (a quest item you can purchase from one of the shops in game). Within the mini-game, there's an option to "Practice" in which you play against 3 AI opponents.

Maybe I am just terrible at it, but it is pretty hard. I played twice, and lost both times. I earned 2 Mingle PP each time, though!

18. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    2 PP seems so little.... T_T Don't those Pins need like 200-500 PP to level up?

I'm not bad in practice mode but later in the game when you can fight 3 people at one time, I played about 15 matches and won once...

19. agentganon

agentganon Member

Dec 6, 2011
    I think you would gain a lot more than 2 if you won the match. I think I had a score multiplier of 0.2 because I lost. Also, from what I understand, 1 Mingle PP is the equivalent of 20 Battle PP in terms of the dominant PP type for determining pin evolution (which you see in the experience bar for the pin in the pin details). I don't know if I am allowed to link to the TWEWY wikia, but the "PP" page there explains all of this in more detail.

20. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    You probably gain more if you win. Also, Mingle PP gets a 20x multiplier when calculating the dominant PP for pin evolution.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see the new page.