Ads by Admob, worth or not?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by willzeng, Jan 21, 2013.

1. I'm considering using admob to advertise my iOS game. Can I have any advice here, like what the budget & bid should be, image or text?

How to achieve the maxium effect? Never used it before, need to do some tests. Anyone with experiences?

2. #2 willzeng, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
    Thank you very much. I see the site and the service fee is pretty high ($2.99 per review). Have you tried it before? And what's the difference between "their" review and real user reviews? I've got a dozen of real reviews, but if no one sees them, still help little. I really doubt anohter dozen of bought reviews will help.

3. Besides, I thought the bid is for $/click. You are sure it's eCPM?

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    'Have you tried it before' ?

I'm sure that 1 post user is just spamming for the site.

If i spot any of these fake reviews on the app store i simply avoid the game. Its not fair for users if companies go to sites where they basically buy fake reviews. And you can normally spot them a mile off.

You may get some sales due to these fake reviews, i know a fair few people who wont buy it though due to fake reviews.

I mean look at that user earlier (now banned), 1 post, spamming some website where you can buy reviews not good.

5. Wow, that's a pretty quick ban. Thanks for the notice.

But for the website, I see they are recruting both developers and reviewers, so, could the review be real? I need to know effectiveness of Admob and sites like that.