Any advice on what RTS game I should get?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tmock90, Jul 12, 2009.

1. tmock90

tmock90 Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Okay so I haven't really gotten into the RTS side of iPod games yet and I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations on a good RTS style game I should try. Thanks in advance!

-Tm90

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Warfare Inc and Quantum Collapse are both great ones. Nice sig you got there ;)

3. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Definetly get Quantum Collapse. It just went on a weekend sale yesterday, to celebrate that multiplayer would be submitted tomorrow. Its 99 cents, normally 3.99.

4. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I tried Quantom Collapse and don't enjoy it as much as Warefare Inc.

5. bc142

bc142 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    I really like Rise of lost empires alot like the Warcraft games, its got 20 missions but is kind of short though and doesnt have a skrimish mode. it has really nice graphics though.

6. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Gameloft's was the best Graphically and possibly the best in Gameplay.

7. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Quantum Collapse. I paid 2.99 for it and it was so worth it. My only complaint is the lame icon lol. Not a big deal though, amazing game.

8. Moonmist

Moonmist Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    at my computer?
    Quantum Collapse.
    Getting multiplayer soon and it just went on sale for 99 cents.
    Also I think Quantum Collapse is the best one available.

Rise of the Lost Empires didn't really do much for much, and no skirmish mode.

Warfare Inc is decent and has lots of user made maps.

Quantum Collapse fun campaign, skirmish mode, multiplayer coming.

Strategic Assault isn't that much fun

Stragea - haven't played but I haven't heard anything good about it.

Quantum Collapse in my opinion has the best gameplay too and its only getting better with the updates the developer plans.

P.S. Warfare Inc. is a close second but the devs never update, while Quantum Collapse dev is working very hard on new updates and suggestions from people on the forums

9. upsidedown

Jun 10, 2009
    Hes just made a new icon, coming with the next update.

10. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    I think your best bet for a good RTS is an online game, since you'll be playing against actual people. Such as Dinosmash Online, Bomber Online, F.A.S.T, and some others like that.

11. upsidedown

Jun 10, 2009
    Those arent rts's. Bomber online might be called an rts, idont know. Dinosmash definetly isnt. I dont think F.A.S.T. is one either.

12. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    Wait for Command & Conquer to be released in December. :)

13. CaseyLay

Jul 13, 2009
    I'm probably thinking of Real Time Strategy as "something not turn based". If you mean something else, then I really can't help you with that. Vanguard Storm might be similar to what you're looking for, but maybe not.

14. upsidedown

Jun 10, 2009
    Real Time Strategy means what it says. Dinosmash has like almost no strategy, F.A.S.T. is just a dogfight plane shooter. Bomber Online has some strategy.

15. CaseyLay

Jul 13, 2009
    Sounds interesting. Apologies. I've never really played a game of that style/genre before, so I can't help you.

16. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    So here's the list I've tried out so far..heheh

Stragea-this game plays like crap, nonexistence of polish, "decent" graphics, no replayability in my opinion, and contains about 1/3 of the elements needed in an rts.

Warfare Inc.-This was the first one i got and it's truly amazing. The gameplay is so smooth and is complete with pretty much all the elements of an rts: selection box, miners, variety of buildings, enough units, EVEN SOME MICROMANAGING...haha no not really. All it's missing is like grouping but that's not really necessary since you can move by tapping on the mini map. Oh it's missing multiplayer too heh :eek:

Quantum Collapse-This game is greatly detailed in almost every aspect of an rts. It possesses all the elements of WI and is also getting multiplayer soon. Also, the developer is very committed and will listen to suggestions from fans. It also has an incredibly varied and fun campaign for a great experience.

Rise of Lost Empires-I really didn't see the rts elements in this game since there's actually quite some rpg elements in here. The graphics-sure they're amazing but if you want a rts, this is not quite what you're looking for.

Strategic Assault-Um...don't get this one. LOL.
    But really...everything is not good here heh, I mean it's so hard to play and the enemy is relentless in rushing you even on "easy" settings.

I think these are pretty much the only ones that you would consider getting on this platform so ya..hope it helped.

Oooo...GET C&C when it comes out, but...eh that's in another 1238525 days so get QC or WI. BTW QC IS 0.99 RIGHT NOW!!

17. upsidedown

Jun 10, 2009
    No problem.:) And its not me who needs the help. Its the person who started this thread.

18. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    They said to expect it early this Fall, last I checked December was Winter. I could be wrong though lol

19. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I'm thinking about getting the Mac version (graphics are amazing :D). Has anyone tried it out?

20. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    Whaaat? Even better! :eek:

Mac version of C&C, Kamazar?
    I'd just play Red Alert 2 or something. It's a fun game, albeit a bit easy.