Universal Final Fantasy VII coming to IOS!!!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Seiza616, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    I can't believe a thread for this doesn't already exist, nonetheless, I am totally excited to hear this news.

There have been many top quality releases on IOS over the years but this eclipses all others in my opinion.

What do the rest of you think of this release? Any speculation as to how soon we will see it as it could be anytime before the end of summer.

2. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    No comments whatsoever? I thought this type of thread would explode....odd.

3. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I am looking forward to the console remake. With the graphics available today the story should really come alive.

4. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Awesome. I've never played it and was thinking of emulating it but I might just hold off now.

5. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    This will probably be better than the emulated version....besides you won't have to go through the trouble of jailbreaking.

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah I've got the PS1 discs and I think I also bought on PSN so I don't feel bad about emulating it. But honestly it's cumbersome to play on an emulator. I'm super excited to give them money for it... Again! Can't wait for it's release now.

7. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    How soon into the summer do you guys think it will come out? Hopefully sooner rather than later.

8. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Oddly, I'm kind of worried about the remake. Realistic graphics and professional voice acting mixed with the charming goofiness that characterizes FF7 might be a bit too much. Also, I don't entirely trust Nomura to not mess with it. If I even get a whiff of Genesis in there...

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Same. Im worried about how the remake would stand up to the original.

Im glad we might be getting the original ported over to iOS instead of the remake. But i'll probably buy a PS4 for the remake still.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Genesis, Zack, Angeal... If they get cameos onto the remke that'd be friggin great! Especially if they come with sub quests or something :D

11. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    #11 Edmilan, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    Probably played through this one 3x, 1st time on PS1, other playthroughs on a previoisly jailbroken ipad and iPhone 5. I don't mind going through the game again though, especially on my iPhone. as I haven't defeated Ruby yet

Hope they add more of the guardian Weapon super bosses

12. lainsxp

lainsxp Well-Known Member

May 26, 2014
    I CANT WAIT FOR THIS!
    any insider infos about the release ? its already summer .. i hope release is not at the end of summer ^^

13. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    I agree, I hope this drops in the next few weeks as it seems as if they have been working on this conversion for some time.

14. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    #14 kopicha, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    Depend on what kind of charm you are talking about. It's nothing new that they make realistic looking FF7 characters while keeping it look great and emotional. They made Advent Children years back which is part of FF7 story. So I don't see how it won't do well for the remake. More over they also made a tech demo many years back during PS3 days. And it because of that which started it all making fans to want it as a real game. This is something fans been asking for years which you probably didn't know. So it's a freaking big deal that they willing to do it after so long because this is not a simple HD remaster but it's as good as making a new game ground up. Normura directed the original and it's his own baby. Why would he mess with it? Also there are countless interviews last time asking him about the remake before it now become official. You can go google it. He is more worry about remaking it than you are worry about him messing it with better reasons.

This tech demo will give you an idea

15. kopicha

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    There are 2 version of FF7. About a year or so back then they re-release FF7 on PC. Which you can call it FF7 2nd edition. I didn't get it but I am hearing a lot of complains that they rearrange the soundtrack in the 2nd edition release which sound worst than the original. And as far as I understand the iOS port will be based on the 2nd edition so it's not exactly "original" either. Just something for you to take note.

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That's still pretty minor compared to the remake.

17. lainsxp

lainsxp Well-Known Member

May 26, 2014
    ohhh dangit .. just watched the e3 again .. did he really said ff7 for ios AT END OF SUMMER ?

nooooooooooooo

18. kopicha

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Yes the re-release PC port

19. 16bitHumanoid

16bitHumanoid New Member

Jun 22, 2015
    Has anyone heard anything more concrete about when we'll see this other than summer or end of summer? Also is there literally no interest in this game? 17 comments is not alot for a thing this huge. I mean, ff7 finally coming! Come on people!

20. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    Well said....man, well said. This is arguably the biggest release thus far for IOS after all....one would think there would be more discussion, speculation, etc.