Idea for Fantasy Line Drawing Game

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ArtNJ, Sep 14, 2009.

1. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #1 ArtNJ, Sep 14, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
    At the right is your Castle. Enemies come from the left, as in a castle defense game. You manuever your defenders by drawing a line to enemies. Some of your units have high attack (beserker/rogue/ninja types) and some of whom have high armor/more moderate attack (knight), some have mobility (cavalry, unicorns w/e) some fly and can chose to engage (griphons) and maybe some will stop, and autofollow/attack at range (archer, mage). Priest can be assigned to heal by drawing a line to your unit...double tap and he will follow and be a captive healer. They key thing is that attacking & if applicable spellcasting is automatic once you draw the line.

There will be a variety of enemies...giant for example, you'll want a knight to tank, while you'll need to bring some high damage attackers for simultaneous attack if you dont want a dead knight. Enemy wolves might rely more on speed, and either try to attack your squishy units, gang up on more powerful units or simply slip through to attack your castle.

Hero units could come into it at higher levels, not as all powerful units, but with just enough added strength/life to take on more powerful units. For example, maybe if you have a Knight Hero, you would use him to tank the dragon. If you have a Mage Hero, you would need to have a number of lesser units to throw at him while the mage does his work. One could imagine how hectic the drawing would be. (Imagine that the dragon shakes off the lesser units and heads for the mage hero. Maybe tripple tap a mage and he randomly teleports.) Or you could try to draw your units away from the dragon while you clean up the rest of the board and come back for him in massive force. Maybe items would randomly appear once heroes are on the map...forcing you to prioritize between getting it (drawing a line to it) before it dissappears and helping out with the battle.

Unit size and speed would likely approximate aqua globs . . . perhaps a little bigger units and a little slower.

There would be levels where you can upgrade units and buy more. Maybe you can aquire mercs in level ... choices appears on far right and you single tap to buy, if you have the cash. Fixed cash awarded for completion of levels. Have to pay to repair castle.

So it would be a combination of castle defense/line drawing with fantasy units. I am not aware of anything like it. One aspect of it is that it would lend itself very easily to multiplayer matches.

I cant code, or I would make it.

2. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    I cant code either, but id buy the game if made

3. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Look for a dev in the services for trade forum and ask if a dev wants to help.

4. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Na, I have the money to start a company but not the time . . . if people like the idea, I'll give it to any skilled developer that wants it for free.

5. upsidedown

Jun 10, 2009
    That is basically what it is, you just get to help if you want. No paying anyone or anything.

6. Dagger2_pt

Dagger2_pt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    And, how much you think would cost a developer to make a new idea you had to reality?

7. upsidedown

Jun 10, 2009
    It depends, if the developer already had paid for his license for that year or not. If not, 100 bucks. If he already did, nothing but work.

8. Kris Jones

Kris Jones Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Producer/Publisher/Designer of Mobile Games
    America
    Sounds like a fun game.

From a developer perspective, it is a bit challenging. You see games with basic elements like this taking months to build. (i.e. Harbor Master, Pirates Bay, etc.)

Would definitely purchase if it came out.