Terrible Games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dreadwench, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreadwench

dreadwench Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2011
    What's the worst game you've every played, by worst I mean the dodgy kind where you actually feel embarassed for the creator, or so bad it's funny and why?

2. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Shadow Guardian was pretty sad... It always told you exactly what to do. Couldn't stand it long enough to finish it.:mad:

3. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Atlantis Defense.

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    This is exactly like asking what someone's favorite game is..over 90% of the appstore can be considered worthless games. I dare go as far as saying 95% or even 99%. Another pointless thread that the OP thinks will "spark" discussion.

5. js1210

js1210 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Amen

6. dreadwench

Jan 17, 2011
    #6 dreadwench, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2011

I was actually PLAIN OLD CURIOUS!!!! Because I was playing a really terrible version of bookworm.
    And it's pretty useful to know what other people hate, as much as it is to know what other people like when you make games. So, don't even assume you can tell what I am thinking. I couldn't really give a toss about "sparking" (wanky much) a discussion. One or two answers suit me fine.

Honestly, why bother to come into a thread and say this is such a pointless question, you're just being a hypocrite as your post is just as pointless.

7. dreadwench

Jan 17, 2011

I got a bit cranky at the templar whatever, Broken Sword for something like that.

8. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Oh, please spare me.

Funny enough, ask yourself what you just did there with the last of your comment there.

9. NaughtHere

NaughtHere Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Well if it isn't the thread police. I hope you go into every thread and let the OP know if their thread is pointless or not, oh wise one. Heaven forbid someone should sincerely want to spark discussion about something you don't approve of.

10. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yes, why don't you go through my recent posts under my profile and check how many of them fall into your suggested category.

Better yet, why not just tell the OP to add a poll of what people think about the thread. Don't just take my word for it. Let's ask all of TA.

Keep your sarcasm to yourself.

11. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I have to side with you on this one. It seems like there's a lot of junior members lately trying to takeover TA and trying to see who can make the most threads in 5 minutes. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that making threads isn't fine, but there are TONS of these type of threads: Whats your favorite?, List your favorites, What game do you regret buying?, Which games do you hate?, what kind of games do you like?

It gets annoying.

Now can we all just get along and enjoy this AWESOME SITE?!

12. NaughtHere

Nov 14, 2010
    You might be right, but I think you could have handled it in a less condescending and insulting manner. Most of the people on these forums are casual junior members, not hardcore seniors. I highly doubt they read 90 percent of the threads here. I'm a junior member, even though I read these forums every day, and I don't have the problem you have. I just don't read the threads I find uninteresting, I guess.

I would keep my sarcasm to myself, but I have so much I feel I should share with others. :D

13. JamesDean69

JamesDean69 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    If u are sick of these threads then skip posting on them. Do some of u really think you are "cool" because you are a senior member and post your opinions on EVERY thread someone makes. There is always that one or two people that have to make people feel stupid for asking a question. MAybe get a life and quit jumping on people because they are a "junior" member and not part of "The cool members of TA". I click on threads just to read them and i see the same names posting on almost every single thread spreading negativity. Why do some of u have to jump on everyones back. It is like the thread police. Its really sad.

14. NaughtHere

Nov 14, 2010
    All of those threads you mentioned could be interesting to people. I don't see your problem with them. Keep in mind there are a lot of children on these forums as well, and casual readers that don't see every post.

I also think worrying that junior members are trying to take over TA is a bit chicken little. Junior member doesn't mean the person is unintelligent or immature, just that they are new to this site.

15. JamesDean69

Nov 19, 2009

Man u have 4,000 posts and out of the handful of them that i see on every thread i'd say the majority of them are negative. Do u own this forum? 4,000 posts? maybe u dont need to comment on every thread u see. Esp if u have no interest in the thread. If u dont have anything nice to say, maybe keep your mouth closed.

16. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Ok. Alright! Lets just stop now. We don't need fighting here.

17. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I'm guessing you're both an illiterate and ignorant. Check again if you think my posts are negative. Just click my name, go to the statistics tab, and click see all posts by backtothis. Wow, so 7 posts a day is a lot is it? I don't know what kind of shitty typing speed you have, but it usually takes me a total of 5 minutes or less to respond each day on TA. LOL TO HAVE 4,000 POST IS TO OWN THIS FORUM? Really? Really? Not so much. Go find someone else to lecture. If you don't have any points to make that have any logic whatsoever in them, go to hell and keep your own mouth closed. Douchebag, please learn to f**king read before you post your bullshit.

18. JamesDean69

Nov 19, 2009
    True there are a lot of threads like this but not everyone is on this forum 24 hours a day and reads every thread. Maybe he didnt see one like this before. Cut the guy a break.

19. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I've said this before and I'll say this again, STOP FIGHTING! Everybody should just calm down. I'm pretty sure we all don't want a mod walking in here and start banning people.

20. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    All we had to say were our one comments each. Do you think you and the poster on the front page are doing anyone a service by lashing out at us instead? No one's fueling the ongoing of this argument but yourself.