Dice-driven Turn-based RPG's

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Garbagemaster, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Garbagemaster

Garbagemaster Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    #1 Garbagemaster, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
    I have logged at least 10hrs with "Rimelands" since it came out, and have fallen in love with it's dice driven, turn based format. Sadly, having already run through the whole game twice now, I wish there was more.
    I went to the app store and these forums looking for an RPG with a similar dice driven turn based format and was surprised by the lack of same. Rimelands appears to be the only one of it's kind right now.
    My point is, I feel this style of RPG is MADE for the touch interface of the iPhone/iPad. Why aren't there more like it?
    Players, would you like to see more titles with this format? Developers, anyone out there interested in making more titles with this format? Rimelands has had obvious success with it.
    Button-mashing action RPG's will always have their place, but I personally prefer this new (old?) format. The turn based nature gives to a more casual style of play with strategic thinking, while the dice rolling leaves an element of chance in combat and character development, as opposed to just one numeric value vs. another.
    Am I alone on this? Anybody?

2. Garbagemaster

Feb 6, 2010
    Wow... I guess I am

3. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
  4. Garbagemaster

Feb 6, 2010
    Thanks for the suggestion :) I'll check it out.