Massive Change in Top 100?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Burton, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    #1 Burton, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
    http://appshopper.com/bestsellers/paid

I noticed that overnight there were huge changes in lots of games in the App Store.

Pocket God - up 5 to #3
    Tap Tap 2 - up 38 to #6
    Tap Tap 1 - up 85 to #15
    Tetris - up 15 to #20
    Flight Control - up 32 to #41
    Night Stand - up 57 to #42
    Enigmo, Koi Pond, and Fieldrunners have returned to the list as well as a number of other changes like Flick Fishing, Solitaire, Touchgrind just to name a few.

Anyone have any ideas on what's caused this?

2. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
    maybe they were bought alot over the last few days r somtin

3. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    ...clearly.

4. jen12323

jen12323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    There was an hour feature in CBS or NBC I forgot whIch about apps and interviewed a lot of early developers and iPhone users... Maybe that's why some of these older games came back up. Anyhow the top 100 changes a lot all the time

5. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    Oh ok that could very well be it. But yea, there's usually not a change this big consisting mostly of older games, so I figured they were all featured on something.

6. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    The rankings are completely screwed up today. My game, TanZen jumped 40 spots, without the sales to support that. A competitor, who hasn't been on any of the charts for at least six months, is suddenly way ahead of me overnight. Lots of bizarre changes everywhere! App Store rankings were frozen all day yesterday, so they mucked something up big time.

7. ChaoticBox

ChaoticBox Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Developer
    Toronto Canada
    Ya something's up. My uncharted-for-a-long-time app flOOid is suddenly #33 in Entertainment in Canada. flOOid did hit the top 20 in that category in Canada several months ago, so there might be some sort of all-time calculation going on. Pinch 'n Pop! had some curious movement today as well, but I'm not sure how this bodes for newer apps.