The Simpsons Game - EA

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lord-sam, Feb 21, 2012.

1. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #1 lord-sam, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
    The Simpsons game is to be brought to iOS by EA in a fermium game. The shows cast come together to voice it.

EA mobile has announced its plans to launch The Simpsons: Tapped Out - a free game for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch "within the next few weeks."

The 'freemium' game puts you in charge of rebuilding the town of Springfield after, you guessed it, Homer blows it to oblivion after a trademark cock-up at the nuclear power plant. Thankfully, the townspeople survived and you can use them to assist your quest, unlocking more of them along the way.

However, this isn't your average spin-off. The iOS universal title was made in collaboration with the show's writers and voice actors so it's about as authentic as they come.

EA says it has invested hugely in the game and if the company's bravado is anything to go by, legions of build-ins Simpsons fanatics could propel Tapped Out to a dominant position in the iOS gaming landscape during 2012.

Bernard Kim, senior vice president of global publishing for social and mobile for EA, told CNET: "We want this to be one of the biggest titles this year. We've invested a lot. It's absolutely a top-tier development priority for us."

"Hardcore Simpsons fans will get a lot out of it," he added.

EA reckons that giving players the option to boost their progress by spending real money on in-game do-nuts will be a huge success, while those who still want to play for free will still be able to enjoy the game.

2. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    It's weird that I haven't heard buzz about this anywhere,
    If that's true it's something I'll definitely be getting!

3. traqua89

traqua89 Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Everybody dance now!

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Kind of excited and the bolded lines get me really excited, but then the "fermium" word comes up... :(

5. lord-sam

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    From how its worded though, it seems you won't actually need to buy anything, unless you're hardcore gamer and want stuff done quick. And if it's 'the biggest title this year' you would happily spend £4 or £5 on it, so we'll see what IAPs we can get for that.

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah, but it's not the spending money I hate, but I'm afraid it'll turn out to be a building game like Theme Park.

7. lord-sam

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, I've just read further reports and that's what it's sounding like :O
    Apparently in a similar vein to Monopoly Hotel etc.