Universal Judge Dredd: Countdown Sector 106 - (by Tin Man Games) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Nick Robinson

Nick Robinson New Member

Aug 1, 2012
    For those who are interested I'm working on a sequel (simultaneous release for Android and iphone). Although it does take place after the first gamebook (and references it in places) it is entirely self contained. Updates will be made on Twitter #JudgeDreddTheDark:

http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=2722

Also the Android version of Countdown Sector 106 should be early next year.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Great to hear ! Loved the first book, a sequel would be brilliant. Shall be following you to hear updates

Thanks

3. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Hmmm as much as I love game book adventures I'm not really into the sci-if setting and judge dread is the book I've read the least.
    Nothing against the book or story I just prefer my fantasy stuff. :)
    It was the same with infinite universe, I only read that once.

Having said that I love game books so I'll still pick it up and at least give it a go :D I'm all for this kind of game/book on iOS.

4. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I'll be there with my money!

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Its Dredd not Dread ;)

Fair enough, i do love fantasy settings but to me Judge Dredd is a classic sci-fi character and its from the UK. 2000ad has been going since the 70's which is quite rare nowadays with so many old magazines/comics etc disappearing.

I'm happy these gamebooks are so popular on iOS, its given them a new lease of life. In the old days you had the Fighting Fantasy gamebooks which were superb, now playing them and books similar such as this on iOS works so well. Looking forward to this sequel

6. roninld

roninld Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Looks like this game is being removed from App Store at end of 2016 due to expiring license per their website.

On sale for $1 until then. Looks like time to buy if you've always wanted it.

A bunch of other tin man games are on sale for $1 as well.