DeathFall HD (Universal) - FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by metalcasket, Jun 5, 2011.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #1 metalcasket, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011

DeathFall HD

Riverman Media LLC
    You've never seen a game like this. DeathFall HD, now on iPhone and iPad... Features since DeathFall original: 1.4: I…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    You've never seen a game like this. DeathFall HD, now on iPhone and iPad... Features since DeathFall original: 1.4: Improved iOS 7 compatibility 1.4: Now running at a smooth 60 fps on all supported devices 1.4: Improved sharing 1.3: Improved graphics for iPad 3 1.2: iOS 5 improved Twitter support 1.2: Improved loading speed 1.2: Game Center achievement banners 1.1: Manually calibrate the tilt controls... press pause during gameplay. 1.1: Continuing now always deducts 1/4 of your current score. 1.0: iPhone & iPad. 1.0: Ultra-sharp graphics, true retina support (iPhone 4). 1.0: 13 new areas. 1.0: Continue after losing. ...Thank you to reviewer christine buhagiar for the suggestions. "Disturbing paintings crossed with a video game" "you have to try this one, see it for yourself" "Unique level design and very simple to pick up" "Bizarre feel, abundant features" . Controls . Hold the device upright. Tilt to move. Collect relics. Avoid spikes... . Advanced . Collect all relics in an area for a Perfect. ...A Perfect will cause you to glow briefly. Collect relics while glowing for bonus points. . Featuring . One-of-a-kind visual style. Game Center. The Music. ...Endless Play. Leaderboards & Achievements. Physics. Facebook & Twitter... Dynamic Levels. Compatible with iPhone (3GS, 4, 5, 5S), iPod Touch (4th, 5th Gen), iPad (2, 3, mini), and iOS 6.0+. -Riverman Media is two brothers who have dedicated their lives to the art of 2d game making-
    Information
    Seller:Riverman Media LLC
    Genre:Action, Simulation
    Release:Apr 23, 2011
    Updated:Oct 10, 2014
    Version:1.5
    Size:73.2 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

When DeathFall was first released I was completely blown away by the fantastic artwork and music (it certainly might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it sure was mine). Despite the fact that it was just a "falling" game, it just oozed evil charm, and I loved that...until I found out it only had around 5 areas or so which looped over and over again. Naturally it didn't hold my attention for very long.

Fast forward to today. I didn't even know there was a universal "HD" build of DeathFall, but stumbled upon it on AppShopper. This version is both retina enabled, apparently has 13 new areas and best of all...is free! I think it's time I gave this another chance, and there's no excuse for all of you not to. :p

EDIT: Played through it again, and I might as well post this here:

You know how I mentioned the 5 areas? Yeah, they're actually 4...and still loop over and over again. It looks like the 13 "areas" are just the pattern of the relics spread over the levels. Considering the game doesn't randomly generate those patterns, when you've gone through all 13...you've gone through all 13. :/

2. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Worth a try, but very repetitive.

3. PnExT

PnExT Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    this work fine on my friend iphone 3g but game support 3gs+ loool:D

4. Sri Ram

Sri Ram Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Free again!

5. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    clean and simple game, but fun to play. perhaps could use some more graphical effect because the environment feels a little too naked.

6. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Played this for awhile, it was the only one of its kind I let sit on my device. Simple fun.

7. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

FREE again. Recommended!

8. tunaVille

tunaVille Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Thanks for your detailed feedback