Cant wait for fieldrunners update

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mgondek, Oct 29, 2008.

1. mgondek

mgondek Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    I have bought a lot of games for my iphone but fieldrunners is up there in the top 5. When I got the game I just couldnt put down my iphone and would end up using it till the battery died. I have beaten easy, medium and hard and now Im waiting for the added fieldrunners, sound effects and new maps. CANT WAIT!!

2. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I still can't beat it on hard... I have seen the thread, but i wanna do it myself.
    Any idea on a time frame till we get an update?

3. junkster08

junkster08 Active Member

Oct 22, 2008
    fieldrunners desperatly needs an update... i have no idea how its getting such high ratings... apparently 99% of ihpone users dont know what a good td is
    i beat it on hard my 2nd try and now there is nothing left to do

fieldrunners as ok graphics but terrible gameplay.... ONLY 4 towers (only 3 actually b/c i dont foolishly waste money on missle towers)... thats terrible ... to go along with just 1 map

this is by far the most overrated game on earth.... i can tell most kids love it b/c its a "good feeling" to be owning" when there is not much to do

4. mgondek

Oct 20, 2008
    Well as of October 23rd the update was 80% done. Hopefully it will be done sometime soon.

5. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    "ok graphics"? have you compared this td game's graphics with others on the app store?

6. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Nice, any info on when this gets submitted would be nice to know, Thanks!

7. mgondek

Oct 20, 2008
    if you go to fieldrunners in the app store it talks about the update, along with a future 2nd update.

8. Jesse Arcadia

Jesse Arcadia Active Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Running for the gold--not working so I can build m
    Los Angeles
    Hey I'm no td expert, in fact I'm a noob, but I've never been *interested* in one before. So FR must be doing something right, because I love it!

9. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    LOL- I never played before untill I saw it on the app store... I played canyon defense and was sold... Unfortunately FR doesn't have nearly as many options (towers, maps, sound) as I would have liked. But it seems this update is going to address those issues and more!

10. morscata12

morscata12 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Unfinished games seem to generate reviews that are all either overly positive or overly negative. Unlike other unfinished games, Fieldrunners didn't have any half-baked aspects of the game. The graphics are unique and polished, the UI is easy to use, and the game modes that are there are pretty entertaining.
    Sound, variety (towers/maps/runners), and challenge (the learning curve is pretty small) wasn't complete, so the developer left those elements out entirely - with promises for future updates. Reviewers picked up on that and gave it high marks for what it had. I'm excited about the update because I know that whatever aspects they include, it'll be 100% done. Hopefully it'll be done soon :D

11. Jesse Arcadia

Jesse Arcadia Active Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Running for the gold--not working so I can build m
    Los Angeles
    See, I wouldn't call FieldRunners "unfinished"--except for sound, but only maybe. If the game never gets any better at all, I've had great, great fun with it. It's a full, complete game, it's given me hours of entertainment, and the price/value ratio is very, very high.

Sound might have made it seem more professional, but to tell the truth, I usually turn the sound off on all the games I play, so as not to annoy my fiancee. I didn't miss it.

And most every negative review I've read compares it to other games in the genre. So it's not the TD game that TD gamers dream of. It's quite excellent for everyone else.

12. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    When I bought Field Runners i thought it would have had more. Not to take away from it, but as a TD game it is very limited, yet very well done. My 1st TD game I played was Canyon Defense http://www.towerdefence.net/games-118-Canyon_Defense.php I was hoping that it would be similar.

13. Dimsum

Dimsum Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Devs have provided a little info on the almost complete update. Haz a new fieldrunner that can avoid the Goo towers!

[​IMG]

14. moopf

moopf Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    I am surprised that it's taking so long for the devs to release an update to Fieldrunners. As it is it is very limited and, from what I've read, there doesn't appear to be a massive amount of new stuff in the update (1 new map, 2 new fieldrunners and sound effects.) Don't get me wrong, it's a good game and looks fantastic, but I'm not sure if the original version could be termed "complete" in comparison to most other tower defense games.

15. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    They said that there was going to be a big surprise with the new map, so it's probably not going to be something as simple as the first one.

Note that they have recently hired a sound designer with a very strong background as well, which might take a little longer than if they were to buy stock sound samples.

But yes, it's about time they release the update!

16. moopf

moopf Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    I hope so!

I was really surprised there were no sound effects in the original release - it's a given, to be honest.

Yeah, I'm just impatient to play it again which needs the update as there's not really anything else to do once you've beaten it.