Universal Civilization Revolution 2 - (by 2K)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Perseus

Perseus Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2013
    I did. Didn't learn alot more on how they compare (unless I went to the wrong thread?) the original TA review said it's actually lacking in features, although since then they added some content. Is the 3D and new UI entirely worth it? No MP is sad, but if the SP AI is atleast solid.

2. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I don't understand battle at this at all. I could have 500 units standing on a tile, and I can only fight with them one army at a time and ultimately lose because they are defending with all their troops and I am only attacking with a few?...

3. Pheebers

Pheebers Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Attacks are one-on-one. Your strongest attacker will be put against the strongest defender, and if that defender isn't defeated, it's still on that tile. Each of your troops gets one attack per turn (unless they have the blitz upgrade) but you can use them all.

4. Pheebers

Pheebers Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    I just thought of something else -- if you'd been moving troops to a single spot over a series of turns, and telling them to wait once they got there, they wouldn't automatically be available to attack again -- you'd have to press and hold to select them again. So...you COULD have 20 different units on a tile but only have 3 initially show up. Maybe that's what happened to you?

For what it's worth, I think this game is badly in need of a "select all" button.

5. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Waiting for a 64-bit update.....

6. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Then bump the thread WHEN there is one (not going to happen) rather than getting everyone’s hopes up with a resurrection!

Grrr!

Coal in your stocking.

7. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Well, they DID say it WOULD... but.

8. GoneFishin

GoneFishin Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    #188 GoneFishin, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    Updated…

… to 64-bit!

Works fine on my iPad Mini 4 but freezes at the loading screen on my iPad Pro 12.9. Both iPads running iOS 10.3.3.

2nd edit:
    My wife and I both have Mini 4s. When the update didn't work on my Pro I tested it on my wife's Mini as I didn't want to overwrite the older working Civ version on my Mini 4. As it worked well on my wife's iPad I promptly updated my Mini 4 as also… and it freezes just like on my Pro 12.9. All iPads are running iOS 10.3.3 (14G60) with the English language. Rebooting the iPads did not solve the problem nor did running with the internet connection disabled.

I don't know what to make of this but suggest you upgrade with caution. (i have no idea if this works properly under iOS 11)

9. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I cannot believe it
    it's updated going now to get it back on my phone ASAP best news today!

10. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Here also iOS 11.1.2 ... I hate this company! :mad:

11. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Update: Delete the game, reboot the iPad, new install ... it works now on all devices ... and it even supports the screen of my iPhone X! :D

12. dannythefool

dannythefool Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    Got the freeze too, delete and reinstall fixed it.

One of the more unexpected updates for me.

13. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    They said a while ago they would, and now they've come through. Has XCOM been updated yet?

14. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Yup XCOM got the 64 bit treatment quite soon after 11 dropped. :)

15. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    It's on a temporary discount.:)

Evaluation was not good at Touch Arcade Review. Unlike then, has the game been improved a lot with updates? Is this game well made even now?

16. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I think the main criticism is that the AI was bad, and I don't think that has changed.

But hey, it's Civ. Speaking as someone who doesn't own an iPad and can only play VI on PC, I still enjoy this on my phone. (And it's not like the AI in VI is any good either.)

17. Koemi Bear

Koemi Bear Active Member
    Patreon Gold

Oct 25, 2017
    Female
    United States
    Oh wow didnt realize this was discounted right now, thank you. :)

18. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    I posted this in the price drop bit thinking it was this thread (still relevant) but now I’ve found the right spot (including a past me being moody; yikes!):

———/

This is on sale for 1.99 at the moment.

Does anyone have any experience of this on a Max?

I used to use it on my 6S+ and I don’t remember any issues but on my XSMax, any buttons (options and info) at the extreme upper or lower (both sides in the landscape format used) are unresponsive.

It’s not my phone as it’s fine in everything else.
    Was hoping to play again but it’s no good if I can’t save!

19. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #199 Talbs, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Just fired it up on my Xs Max. Seems fine to me:
    https://imgur.com/a/9yRguHg

some info is a little cut off by the notch. For instance the build cost of units is over in the far side when showing the unit build frame. You can rotate the device to get around it which is not ideal at all, because you’ll want to rotate back because there’s info on the other side as well that gets slightly cut off.
    But I’m pretty sure all buttons are accessible.

pretty funny how 2k can do an update a year ago for newer devices but that update cuts off important information. I’m aware there is a simple way devs can “widescreen” their apps but it does nothing for the screen layout if info ends up behind the notch. That requires some UI rework. Fairly sure 2k did the minimum quick fix to widescreen it without much stuff given or checked of the UI.

20. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    #200 MetaGonzo, Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    How odd. It’s the same for me regards to the cutoff but it’s like the very edges of the screen are unresponsive to touch, but only on this game.

Ah well; thanks for checking.

Edit: Deleted, reinstalled. Works fine. Thanks for making me doubt myself.