Universal King of Dragon Pass - (by A Sharp)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 7, 2011.

1. AlteaineDranix

AlteaineDranix Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    I'd just like to clarify: Will the universal update apply to the iPhone version currently out? Grand to hear that there's a universal update either way.

2. ddunham

ddunham Active Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Software Developer
    Tacoma, WA
    Yes. That's the idea behind Universal. Otherwise, there would be separate small screen and big screen versions.

3. AlteaineDranix

AlteaineDranix Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Thank you for the clarification. This is lovely on 2x, but I'm looking forward to the Universal version.

And my clan keeps on starving for some reason. Even with the Feed the Tribe heroquest.

4. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Can't wait for the universal build :D

5. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Is the dev on this forum? I feel like I've encountered a bug with the current version.

When you have no clan leader, even though there are two boxes to check (one to make them a ring member, one to make them leader), when you tap on either one, they're automatically made leader - you can't just add someone to the ring, and then choose your leader afterwards. It's like it forces you to choose a leader before you fill any other position on the ring.

6. ddunham

ddunham Active Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Software Developer
    Tacoma, WA
    Occasionally check the forum, but the best way to contact us is bugz@ …

So if you're filling a vacancy of the chief, that has to be where the new ring member is appointed. If you have multiple vacancies, you get a choice.

7. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Just picked this up while it was on sale. I played through the tutorial which was the first year and it was lots of fun but seems like there is lots to learn. ;) Looking forward to having the time to try it more though.

8. oz9

oz9 New Member

May 29, 2009
    Re: Sale

Thought the sale would last through December 30, not till December 30?

9. Kingbuilder

Kingbuilder Active Member

Mar 19, 2011
    I kept harassing the duck people and they came back with all of these different armies and destroyed my village, lol.

This game is just a lot of fun. I'm starting up this playthrough as a vicious, war-centered village. We'll see how this turns out. :D

10. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Haha that's awesome. Your right though, the possibilities are endless which makes the game so damn fun. Well worth the asking price.

11. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Nice update, looking forward to the universal update :)

12. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

On sale $9.99-->$7.99

I wish we knew when the universal update was coming! I've been holding off buying this until closer to the update.

13. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    What an intriguing game from the review. Reminds me of an old PEBM (Play-By-Mail) game 'Clans' as well. Sadly, much like Runequest, I did not get the opportunity to play.

So a Glorantha based strategy game is another to add to my 'Must Buy' list, when I get time (to play, that is). Avadon, Aralon, Fall of Angels and now King of Dragon Pass. Plus, the website provides a link to Glorantha material! If memory serves correct, 'Cults of Prax' was selling for silly amounts on the secondary market back in the day. I cannot imagine what it would sell for now.

Odd that a lot of RPGs were based on AD&D, but is this game the only one based on Glorantha? An IP licence issue I wonder? So much source material from all those 70s and 80s hard copy RPGs. Heck! Tunnels & Trolls by itself!

Due to time issues, I cannot justify playing a game whilst I have professional assignments hanging over my head (but can spend time reading and posting on TA - go figure!). That said, I nearly caved in and bought KoDP. Instead, I used the app money and then some to buy the uncut DVD version of 'Vampyros Lesbos' - been listening to the soundtrack all weekend.

Now need a pair of flares, a lava-lamp and leopard-skin bedding!

I'll be purchasing KoDP in early May. Incentive to wrap up these assignments.

14. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Any news on updates or the universal edition?

15. Ssylex

Ssylex Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    Software Engineer
  16. Alensin

Alensin Member

Sep 8, 2011
    university student
    Oregon, USA
    Updates

I'll second what was said above, and also suggest following them on Twitter, @KingDragonPass, for smaller updates which aren't post-worthy. They've done final layout and are preparing for a round or two of beta testing. THe whole process has taken much longer than anticipated, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. :)

17. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    It's out! It's out!!! And it looks AWESOME! A great game just got better! So happy to be able to play this on my iPad! The increased info on screen really rocks!

18. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Great update! This made my day, Ive put FF dimensions on hold to get into this!

Its duck-people raiding time!

19. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    I have been waiting so long for this. You guys rock for releasing an universal update vice a seperate iPad app.

20. ddunham

ddunham Active Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Software Developer
    Tacoma, WA
    You’re welcome!

(I hate to be crass, but since the App Store resets all the ratings when we do an update, please consider giving the game a rating. And doing so again when 2.1.1 comes out.)