Universal Zen Pinball - by Zen Studios

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sun Vulcan, Nov 30, 2011.

?

Which of the first three tables do you prefer? (only vote if you've played all three)

1. Sorcerer's Lair

48.0%
  2. Wolverine

23.0%
  3. Captain America

16.4%
  4. Don't like any of them

12.5%
  1. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    thanks mate :). got it!

2. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    I play on iPhone 4. Closed background Apps , rebooted and even reinstalled. Still laggy as hell.

3. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Ipod 3g. Epic quest starts laggy, but once it gets going its fine, crazy fun even! I like it alot, sad to see iphone 4 owners have problems, performance has steadily gotten better for me. I used to not be able to even have the dot matrix acreen on because it caused lag, now even with medium dot matrix the game becomes pretty smooth. Level 10 already! High score is 13 million, gettin better pretty fast bc easy table.

4. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    My favorite table, thusfar. Lots to interact with, leveling, beautiful... and then only .99 cents. :)

5. Robotwars

Robotwars Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    I wish I could still enjoy Zen. After playing PA, the framerate is just so noticeably bad on ipad1. Even ASKHW's stuff is better.

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Epic Quest runs fine on my iPhone4 and my daughter's iPad2 - didn't reboot or anything. iPad showed "Coming Soon" despite having been updated.

It's a fun table, chock full of silliness.

Although I still haven't gotten the hang of consistently hitting the sword ramp - seems I'm killing baddies mostly by other means... (And then, sometimes, when I don't need it I can hit sword/shield/sword/... over and over again! :mad:) Anyone else have this trouble, or is it just me? :eek:

7. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    That is classic for me, I can hit all sort of ramps/targets when I don't need to but when the pressure is on, forget about, I fold like a cheap suit. :(

8. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Yeah, when nothing needs to be done, I hit ramps on a relatively regular basis, but when any mission begins (that's true for all tables on all pinball games), I just melt under the pressure and send the ball in every corner of the table, but the one I was aiming. Then it's a race again time lost and regaining control of a suddenly crazy ball...

9. gsxrboy

gsxrboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    ... and now suddenly, on one device, I'm getting the sign in problem. Deary me.

10. floyd

floyd Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I have the sign-in problem. But I just cancel every time and its fine. So its mostly an annoyance.

Epic Quest is awesome. When I started out I won most battles by getting the fire scroll and insta-killing them (its the easiest scroll to activate for me). But now I seem to be fairly accurate on the smash target. And I have to say its a very satisfying target to hit for some reason! The sword ramp is still really hard to hit consistently though...

Also I just got my first epic gear set :) I can hardly wait to see what Zen releases next! So far I've bought everything and they are all good tables, some excellent. My favorites are Epic Quest, Wolverine, and Sorcerer's Lair.

11. floyd

floyd Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
  12. TomekSzymek

TomekSzymek Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I recently downloaded Pinball Arcade and I'm really amazed by this game. Now I'll give a try to this one. I'm really curious if it is better or not.

13. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Zen Pinball is without a doubt the BEST pinball game in the App Store, bar none. The newest table, Epic Quest, is so amazing that it has almost brought a tear to my eye.

14. yeahx

yeahx Member

Dec 30, 2011
    They need to fix the lag issue. Turning off the LCD isn't such a great fix. Hasn't been an update in a while. I guess most people just accept it that way based on reviews.

15. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I am playing on a 4S and have had no lag issues whatsoever with Epic Quest. This game--all the tables I have, which are Sorcerer's Lair, Thor and Epic Quest--is absolutely fantastic. And while there are some other nice choices in terms of pinball games in the App Store, I don't think any of them hold a candle to Zen.

16. Sun Vulcan

Sun Vulcan Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2011
    To celebrate the release of Marvel Entertainment’s The Avengers, all of Zen Studio’s Marvel themed mobile pinball tables on sale, and are now priced at just $0.99! Captain America, Wolverine and Thor on iOS, and Fantastic Four, Wolverine and Thor on Android have been reduced from $1.99 to $0.99! The sale ends Monday, May 7, so be sure to download Marvel Pinball on your mobile device!

http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=1242&preview=true

17. Sun Vulcan

Sun Vulcan Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2011
  18. jag64

jag64 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    where is the new table and update? it's getting annoying! zen blames it on apple! 2 weeks ago they submmitted it to apple! until now there is no response! pinball arcade had an issue with monster bash! update was released within 5 days! where is fantastic four?

19. panama chief

panama chief Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    Why would I be hype to play a table I absolutely wrecked on 360 like a year ago? And why are iOS updates taking so long? Is there more to do besides game center and making sure touching the right side of the screen moves the right flipper? I wish more care and attention was put into this version because I rather play on my Ipad than my 360.

20. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    http://www.zenfar.com
    Wow was looking for a new pinball app and this one fits the bill! Wolverine & Captain America = a must buy in my book!

Great job, have you considered some very simple retro tables like maybe the first ones Everett made?