Terminal Escape - Escape from Airport Security

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by opsive, Oct 26, 2012.

1. opsive

opsive Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks Platyrrhine.

Terminal Escape is set to be released in just over a day, and before it is released I’d like to go through all of the features that we’ve packed into this game.

One very unique feature to iOS that we’ve built into Terminal Escape is the daily challenge system. We got the idea from the Halo series, and I have yet to see another iOS game that has this feature. Every day there will be two challenges that are waiting to be completed for that day. You have the time within the current day to complete those challenges. The earlier you start playing in the day the more likely you are to complete the challenge. Example challenges include “Avoid 20 obstacles within a single level” and “Beat your high score on 7 levels”. One of my favorites is “Collide with 100 obstacles”. When you complete the challenge, you’ll get some coins as a reward.

[​IMG]

Looking at the game play, I like to think that it belongs in the “finite stander” genre. The version launching on the App Store has 60 levels across 4 different terminals. The levels do get harder as you go along – we introduce new obstacles in addition to having a longer track (therefore more room for you to mess up). All in all, there are a total of 16 different obstacle types. Some of the obstacles include:

Rotating X – similar to a windmill, it will rotate to try to hit you:

[​IMG]

Fan – the breeze will slide you in one direction or another:

[​IMG]

Speed Zone – look at that motion blur:

[​IMG]

Full Body Scanner – collide with the ray and it’s game over:

[​IMG]

The levels start out pretty basic, with the second level in Terminal A being very spread out:

[​IMG]

... continues at: http://www.opsive.com/blog/2013/01/terminal-escape-overview/