Universal Anomaly 2 (by 11 bit studios s.a.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Framerates are worse on an ipad 3.

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I can't find anyone online

3. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I think much of the fun is in the (highly praised) multiplayer mode. I've yet to get there myself, but 14 missions does sound a little lightweight to me. But then, it's nice to criticize a game for not having enough of stuff we enjoy, instead of the other way around ;)

4. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    #204 GiHubb, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
    Picked this one up while on sale. I loved the original but found the expansion Korea to be too samey and deleted after a few missions. I came to this one not expecting much (that's why I didn't instabuy it), but I think they hit a home run with this one! For me it is a major improvement over the original, they added new mechanics and level variation to keep it fresh. I didn't even try the multiplayer yet which I hear good things about, but the single player experience alone is well worth the time. Just make sure you play it with a full battery - this thing just eats the juice out of my iPad Air real quick!

5. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    I think finished it within a day. I don't know, I was expecting more abilities. Morphing and cloaking were great additions but wanted more. For instance, they could have left air strike ability. I have also tried MP but, there is no one playing.

6. scrotally

scrotally Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    iCloud support expected anytime soon?

7. NiceDude

NiceDude Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Impressions in the thread sound awesome. Any reasons why the App Store rating is lower than the first two?

8. I've got them all, and so far, the second OnE is truly the best. So much improvements, and multiplayer !

9. razorracer83

razorracer83 Well-Known Member

Opposite experience for me on following generation iPad and previous generation Nexus 7. Runs beautifully on my iPad 4, but runs likes molasses on my Nexus 7 2012. So much for the power of Tegra 3.

10. Runs normal on my iPad 3. But a bit laggy at some point in the cut-scene.

11. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    It's fine on 5th gen ipod and iPad mini. It's a fabulous game with great graphics. The bigger screen on the mini helps a lot with visuals. The only problem I have it gets too hard and only playable on casual level on later levels. Maybe I'm too crap. Still great looking game.

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    A2 is actually the third installment. AKorea was the second, and felt more like a standalone expansion which had more stages and settings than an actual sequel.

A2 though, is the divine sequel.

13. MOGRAFI

MOGRAFI Active Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Creative Director, etc
    Sarasota, FL
    Seriously beautiful visuals. Well worth it!

14. 3mry5

3mry5 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Is the multiplayer broken for anyone else?
    It just auto matches for ever

15. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Just bought this for a buck.. Looks dope

16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I didn't like the first game too much. Felt sort of bland in my opinion because i felt like you just sent units out and watch what happens. Does anyone think the second will be better for me? I noticed is gigantic compared to defenders. Is it a pretty massive game?

17. JMan121314

JMan121314 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Amazing game. Got it on sale but it is definitely worth the full price. Can't believe I never picked this up before. I only played the first one on my phone way back.

The graphics and story are high quality. Just the gameplay can get repetitive.

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Tried playing this with an MFi controller and the controls seem broken. Left analog stick only works when using the directional pad, and using heals or any other abilities arent centered in on the cursor when you place them.

19. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    This game is incredible!
    Didn't know it was a few years old already and enjoying it heaps ever since it came to my attention because of the super discount price.
    If you haven't got this game yet, then 99 cents is a steal.
    Been playing this for a few days now and the production values are off the charts!
    (The cheesy voice acting that is mentioned in some reviews? Really isn't that bad actually... expected it way worse the way it was described. No worries in that department either, personally!)

20. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    currently on sale, should i buy anomaly 2 or the other title? i only have a budget to buy 1, please help me #