Dash Masters by Playmous - First look and beta codes

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by anton@playmous, Mar 8, 2016.

1. anton@playmous

anton@playmous Active Member
    Patreon Indie

Nov 25, 2013
    CEO @ Playmous
    Barcelona
    #1 anton@playmous, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016

Hi everyone! Dash Masters is a new arcade game we are working on here at Playmous.

The rules are simple. Tap to jump in alternate directions. Swipe up to perform a Dash.

Checking equipment.
    Tech drone: operational.
    Exosuit: online.
    Missiles loaded. Burst Engines at full energy.
    Final equipment check complete.

[​IMG]

Begin transmission. . .

“Twenty years ago, the aliens attacked. Billions of lives were lost.

We few survivors went underground to create the ultimate weapon that would let us reclaim our planet from this artificial alien race of beings we call ‘Bots.’

With the prototype Exosuit Model C-31 you will attempt the impossible: infiltrate and destroy enemy Attack Towers. Use Burst Engines to destroy Guardian Bots and make your way through enemy defenses.

[​IMG]

Earn battle experience to upgrade your Exosuit for better performance! Completing Missions from the HQ gets you rewards and trophies, so suit up. The time has come to smash some Bots and take back our planet!

But remember: you are mankind’s last hope…"

[​IMG]

Transmission End.

--

We will announce the release date and show you guys some gameplay footage very soon! We would also love to get you involved in the closed beta - let us know if you'd like to participate and we'll give access to Test Flight Beta as well as post some codes in this thread in a couple of days.

Thanks!

--

Update #1

The gameplay trailer is here!

2. anton@playmous

Patreon Indie

Nov 25, 2013
    CEO @ Playmous
    Barcelona
    Hey everyone, we've got a few requests for Test Flight beta testing which is great, but we decided we should post a few codes here so some you can go ahead and download the beta which was approved for release. You will still need to PM me to be included to Test Flight and receive regular updates.

6NKLNRTN3RHK
    JKF3K7T79744
    6A96WPKRRKMP
    6PWHEXKPY6PK
    7XPLTNLTWRFM
    JP47X4K934PM
    LRTA33TMLTJH
    J46HR9J93F94
    3H7PLHAHETJM
    4AEPAYJ6JXHR

Any feedback will be much appreciated!

And by the way, this is going to be iOS and tvOS release, so let us know if you have current gen Apple TV and you'd like to check out Dash Masters!

3. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    LRTA33TMLTJH Thanks!

Giving it a go now.

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #4 LordShad0wz, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Already playing here.

It's ass kicking! I have some immediate impressions.

I think you got the IAP down right. This is one of the key aspects of every game when you are dealing with free to play. You guys have it set up not only fairly but right. There is currency doublers. There is opt in ads. All very well priced. For sure I'll be purchasing the coin doubler. That's the first purchase out of the gate. I love the spin wheel however the timer on the spin wheel is too long. Try cutting it in half and see how it plays out. I'd love to spin that wheel a lot more!

Ok to the gameplay. It's actually pretty awesome. The one tap to dash back and forth and being able to slide down the walls is fantastic. I love the swipe up mechanic as well. I do think having one upwards energy dash is too little though. You have a ton of enemies to try and get around. I see you can upgrade the suit later on but it would be better to start with more than just 1.

Also I'm loving that homing missile! Hell yeah to that thing lol. It really saves your ass lol.

One thing that's not there, and it's an opportunity you guys are missing out on as a coin sink, is the ability to actually color the suit. To be honest I'd love to change the color to black. You could charge 10,000 coins to change it. This really should be in the game.

I'm going to play more and give a full review later and go into every aspect of the game. I just wanted to bounce some initial stuff.

This is a fun game. I really really like the artwork.

I have a question, besides the wheel, how else do you obtain batteries by playing? I haven't seen them in the levels. If they were in the levels you could also put in a battery doubler IAP.

Billy

5. David1886

David1886 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2015
    3H7PLHAHETJM

Thanks!

I'll leave some impressions later.

6. saidwafiq

saidwafiq Active Member

Jan 21, 2016
    J46HR9J93F94 got it!

I'm going to play now and leave my feedback soon
    thanks

7. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    7XPLTNLTWRFM redeemed. Game looks great. I'll give it a go tonight. Thanks.

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Oh god, Cabuckn is here now people. Testing is over. Run.

Lol

We love the same exact games don't we lol. I'll be interested to hear what you have to say. Tell me you don't love that homing missile. I'm working like a mad man right now to rank up to upgrade the missile component of the suit!

Billy

9. Bucktroo

Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    It's fun so far. Controls took me a bit to get used to. Art looks great as well.

10. Bucktroo

Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Honestly, still struggling with the controls. But I'm at work, so I'm not giving full impressions yet. I don't think it's the games controls that are hard, I think it's my brain not working yet lol

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #11 LordShad0wz, Mar 8, 2016
    If you fast Tap you can quickly jut back and forth. If there is an enemy too close simply let your character fall a bit and wait for the homing missile to get it.

I know exactly what you are referring too with the controls. To be honest I think the jutting could be tighter. It might need to be adjusted.

I just made it to level 4 and I just made rank 5. Having 3 dashes really helps now. I'm getting the hang of it now.

Also for anyone else interested the game does have iCloud back up. So any purchases will be protected and it looks like it's universal.

Billy

12. anton@playmous

Patreon Indie

Nov 25, 2013
    CEO @ Playmous
    Barcelona

13. anton@playmous

Patreon Indie

Nov 25, 2013
    CEO @ Playmous
    Barcelona
    Please do let us know how it goes!

14. anton@playmous

Patreon Indie

Nov 25, 2013
    CEO @ Playmous
    Barcelona
    The key is to master the jump trajectory so you can avoid bots and even dodge multiple bullets at once. Perform Dash when you know you can't avoid hitting a bot or when attacking a guardian.

You progressed quickly! What mission are you on?

Yes, it comes with iCloud so you can switch between devices (including Apple TV).

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #15 LordShad0wz, Mar 8, 2016
    I'm on mission 9. Actually 10.

This game really clicks with me. And hell yeah to that black suit lol I'm all over that when it drops.

Billy

16. flyordiedays

flyordiedays Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    I redeemed JKF3K7T79744, thank you! I will post impressions when I get a chance to play.

17. David1886

David1886 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2015
    Ok!
    Pros:
    1) Great visual
    2) Smooth control
    3) Good level of difficulty: easy to learn, hard to master
    4) Nice upgrade system and list of missions
    5) iAP don't ruin the game

Cons:
    I really don't see nothing that I can indicate here. I'm interested in GC achievements, but can't say nothing about it because of that Game Center bug(

And yes, this is one of the best projects in this type of games.

18. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States

All codes have been redeemed.

I would love to help with TestFlight/beta testing if you still have openings. I watched the video you posted and it looks fantastic! You have definitely been working hard on this one!
    :)

19. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Rockets that fly away from our character to enemy are random? One more thing is it me or game has some FPS drops time to time? (Device is Air 2 BTW)

20. anton@playmous

Patreon Indie

Nov 25, 2013
    CEO @ Playmous
    Barcelona
    more codes

Hey guys, all codes have been redeemed and here are some new ones for you!

EHM6F9FYR6N9
    7JM9J993TPX4
    MF7XFFNK3RYJ
    EF4XYHP9EWH3
    LNNX34MTF6EN
    MNHL7R637AXW
    LHKMP4M9YTJA
    HKA9HYA7X6T4
    X6T9RT3A9N4N

If you like the game, don't forget to PM with your Test Light account so we can send updates with new features such as Combos -

[​IMG]