The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (by Nintendo)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by RHess00, Mar 12, 2017.

1. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    From Nintendo's product page:

"Forget everything you know about The Legend of Zelda games. Step into a world of discovery, exploration and adventure in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, a boundary-breaking new game in the acclaimed series. Travel across fields, through forests and up mountain peaks as you discover what has become of the ruined kingdom of Hyrule in this stunning open-air adventure."

2. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I thought a dedicated thread would be a good idea so the Switch thread doesn't get buried with Zelda posts. Please try to be vague with your progress reports or use spoiler tags. One of the best parts of the game is discovery.

3. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Repost from Switch thread:

I just defeated the first major boss in the main quest line. It was pretty intense and the dungeon was huge!

This game is definitely in my top 5 of all time and I've been gaming for over 30 years. There is just so much to do and I find new clever little things every day! I'd share some of them but I don't want to ruin even something small for anyone.

4. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Come across this and I thought would be nice to share it here. This is a really good video that almost perfectly explain how and why this game is a new benchmark. Making it not just the best Zelda game ever made, also the best game made over these years especially as of late. For those who try to compare especially to games like Skyrim, this is for you.

5. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Good video and I agree with his point of view.

6. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Anyone know a good place to find flint? I have a few but I need more to have something built at the Zora weapon shop.

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Does it play well on the Wii or is the controller a kludge?

8. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
  9. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    I've been playing it on the wii u since launch. Visually identical on large screen (yes there are differences but they are REALLY subtle). Wii u gamepad vs switch tablet, much prettier on switch tablet though in my opinion the wii u gamepad is more comfortable. Game loads just a tad slower here and there, nothing dragging though. Both game have framerate dips... in pretty much the same areas.

10. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Finally left the Great Plateau this morning (I'm only allowed to play when my six-year-old daughter is watching, hence the slowness), and it's gobsmacking how big the game is! Can't wait to get stuck into some more shrines. Or find some weapons that don't keep flipping breaking!

11. erdiferik

erdiferik Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2015
    There are 120 shrines. Have fun :)

12. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Just beat waterblight ganon which took control of divine beast vah ruta. Wow.

13. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Yeah that was a fun dungeon. There were some pretty tricky puzzles to figure out.

14. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    That's my biggest complaint with this game. It's pretty frustrating when you find a really good weapon and then it breaks 5 minutes later. I wish there was a way to repair them at least. Maybe later in the game.

15. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    You can get ones later on that can be repaired.

16. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Are you talking about
    the spear you get from the Zora? I thought it could be repaired but when it got close to breaking I took it to the weapon shop and the guy just said he could make me a new one if I gave him the materials.

17. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    No there is a few specific ones that can be repaired.

18. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Oh that's good to know. Thanks.

19. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Wasn't going to pick up a switch but this game sure makes me think about it as it seems amazing!

20. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    It really is a masterpiece. The amount of content is mind boggling. I'm 30-40 hours in and I don't think I've hit the halfway mark. It still feels fresh too. Nothing feels like a chore and it's just a joy to play every time.

I know it sounds like it but I'm really not a Nintendo fanboy. I'm just a huge fan of this game.