Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Gdtn

Gdtn Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Hey Darren, could you enable your private messaging on here? Or do you have an email? I wanna show you something :)

2. sandboxx

sandboxx Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    #22 sandboxx, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
    How do you send ppl gems?? and how do you recieve them from others?

And how do I get more friends on Dragonvale?

If I delete the game and reinstall it will I have to restart or will everything be saved? (How would I go about saving my game?)

3. darren12

darren12 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    #23 darren12, Sep 18, 2011
    Idk how to enable it. If u do let me know.

Ok thanks, got it. :)

4. Gdtn

Gdtn Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    To get more friends you have to add them to game center. To send gems, you click the social tab that's in game and hit send gift beside the people you have added.

If you delete the game, I'm pretty sure it'll all be saved to game center if you reinstall it.

5. Gdtn

Gdtn Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    #25 Gdtn, Sep 18, 2011
    At the top of this page, it says welcome, darren12. Click your name. Then hit the user cp tab, then on the left hand side hit edit options, then scroll down and check off the enable private messaging :)

6. sandboxx

sandboxx Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Ok thanks a lot! But everytime I have visited a friend I only get cash and never get gems? What do i need to do to get gems from them?

7. Gdtn

Gdtn Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    They would have to click their social tab and hit send gift beside your name. It sometimes takes a while to get gems from other players cause most people have a lot of friends, and you can only send 3 gems every 24 hours. Hope this helps :)

8. alteredfrog

alteredfrog Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Worksheet

Thanks for support folks. The work continues to finish all the details but most of the necessary info is already included. I also finished the catalog of eggs and dragons for people like me who forget what it was you were hatching.

Reports of successful rainbow dragon breedings are coming slowly, if you've managed to breed a rainbow dragon and haven't already please stop by and fill out the little form and share the details with everyone on your success.

And here's the links in case your following this thread on a mobile device and the signatures don't show

GC ID: alteredfrog
    DragonVale Worksheet
    Rainbow Dragon Questionnaire

9. alteredfrog

alteredfrog Member

Sep 14, 2011
    I wonder, those that have had managed to breed a rainbow dragon, did you manage to breed and hatch every other type of dragon before you got a rainbow dragon?

So did you hatch the 25 other dragons before you got a rainbow dragon or were you missing some?

I've added the question to the Rainbow dragon questionnaire for my worksheets, maybe we will find a pattern

10. mybryman

mybryman Member

Sep 10, 2011
    No, I didnt have every goal. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this rainbow thing. I've bred the same pair I got the first dragon from 20 times since.

As to alfredfrogs question, no, I hadn't even bred a snow dragon before I got a rainbow.

11. alteredfrog

alteredfrog Member

Sep 14, 2011
    There goes that idea of impossible rainbows till you hatched everything else

Might still be possible the odds go up after you've got every other kind

12. FingersD

FingersD Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    DoEsn't especially look that way.. I got everything else, mostly using level 9 and 10 dragons, still trying :(

F.

13. Lao-shu

Lao-shu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Could be connected to level--the chance of breeding a rainbow might get higher, with experience. I had all the other dragons pretty much as soon as they became available, but it wasn't till level 18 that I got a rainbow one. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone's had a rainbow pop up as soon as the habitat became available.

14. Jonath198

Jonath198 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    #34 Jonath198, Sep 19, 2011
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    eagaaf

15. Lao-shu

Lao-shu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Dude, chill--you CAN get the rainbow dragon from swamp x firefly (though, I did it with seaweed x firefly, myself), but the odds are very low. I bred mine somewhere around 50 times, before I got a rainbow dragon. The odds could be as low as 1 in 50, or even 1 in 100, even if you DO have a combination that can work. So it's probably going to take you a while, and a LOT of failed attempts, before you get the rainbow dragon.

16. StrykerB77W

StrykerB77W Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Yikes! If you're getting this worked up about it already, just give up on the rainbow. I've tried dozens of times and still don't have one but it's a game! If you stop having fun, stop playing. Decorate your island and find your happy place. :)

17. Verifed

Verifed Member

Sep 8, 2011
    geeze dude calm down. and stop with bold letters please?

18. StrykerB77W

StrykerB77W Member

Sep 13, 2011
    So here's a question that got lost in the other thread. Those of you that have managed to breed a rainbow... did you try different random combinations of dragon pairs, or the same breeding pair over and over until it worked? Just wondering which would be the better approach to increase chances. Thanks!

19. alteredfrog

alteredfrog Member

Sep 14, 2011
    If it is a random chance, and all attempts have the same random chance, and previous breeding attempts have no influence on future attempts then it really doesn't matter what you try as long as you keep trying.

The idea that "it'll happen any second now" or that it's "due" to work after 100 attempts is known as the Gambler's Fallacy and can be horribly disappointing and frustrating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler's_fallacy

Until we can find a pattern of some kind with enough reported successes your best option is to go with what you think might work. As the reports come in you also have to realize that people will try combinations that have worked for others before, so some combinations will be over represented because they've been tried many more times then others. Although it might turn out that those other combinations not listed have higher probabilities of success.

20. mybryman

mybryman Member

Sep 10, 2011
    It was my first try with the swamp. We were working on the idea that if you could get two opposites together (lightning and water from swamp and firefly) something kewl would happen. Like isaid, though... Haven't been able to reproduce the results...