Baseball sluggers: Direction

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Joshn, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Joshn

Joshn Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    England
    I have no problem getting home runs, however I can't direct my shots. If I want to get a bulls eye or cycling I have to rely on luck. Is there anyway I can controll the direction of the ball.

2. nic.

nic. Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Malaysia
    Hope these helps, I'm still having hard times mastering it though.

3. Joshn

Joshn Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    England
    Ouch. Ty for the help but I think I will just go with the luck element :p

4. davagorn

davagorn Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    You can do it with practice, and a bit of luck...swing a tad early for left field, on time for center, and a tad late for right field. :)

5. BryanSanDiego

BryanSanDiego Active Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Professional Student
    Murrieta, CA
    Practice makes perfect!

Yes, practice is all that it is I have been playing this game fore quite some time since it was in Beta a month or so before release. It is a great game and it just takes some "getting use to." If anyone has any questions or needs help please feel free to PM me. I am here to help anyone that needs it.

-Bryan

6. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    The reason why the swing mechanic in Sluggers works so well is it's just like hitting a real baseball in life...sort of. It's all about anticipation and where you expect the ball to cross the plate. Depending on how late or early you swing will determine the direction of the ball. Yeah, I know I'm probably telling you something you already know, but the same principles apply to this game. There is an element of luck involved but practice only makes you better.

7. Frant

Frant Well-Known Member

I have difficulties with the left corner but it's easy to me to hit the ball into the right corner or center :))

8. RaiderRich721

RaiderRich721 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Self Employed! Love being my own boss! This is the
    CALI
    Just practice...

Center=your right on the pitch, Right=your just a tad late, left=your just a tad early. And Big Albie is right it's just like real baseball! Practice your swing timing in batting practice mode and you will get it down for sure!

9. nic.

nic. Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Malaysia
    This lead me to a question though, what causes foul?

10. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    Well, if you follow the rules of baseball, swinging to early pulls it down the left field and and swinging late hits it to right. (this is if you are a right handed batter) I play a lot of baseball, so if you have questions about the real life game, you know who to as :p

11. nic.

nic. Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Malaysia
    How silly of me! Thanks for answering :)