About Love, Hate and the other ones - (by Black Pants Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    #21 Snozberry, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
    I've just got aeound to playing the first 10 levels and I must say, I'm impressed.

In was already impressed when I discovered the feature how the girl character can attract others to come a space closer by saying I love you.. I was so amused and thought wow ive never seen this sort of gameplay in a game before!
    Then I noticed the guy character says "I hate you" to other guys, which makes them take a step back. What a brilliant innovative concept! Love it.

I haven't played much yet, so I'm not sure what other gameplay elements get added later on.. But I thought it'd be cool if there was certain planks of wood that can only hold one character at a time, or it cracks and breaks/falls away.

Also, it could have worked if only the boy could jump, and the girl couldn't, maybe the girls power could be she is lighter, so she can climb over the bridges without breaking them, and the guy could be the jumper.

Maybe if it ever got more level packs, it could say they got married and the girl put on weight as a result, she can no longer jump.
    Just an idea because Its good to change up gameplay after a while..new gameplay elements being introduced keep the game fresh, though I havebt played much of this one yet, so I'm not sure how it evolves.l will go back now and play some more.. Enjoying every moment so far, seems to play quite nicely on iPad, even with the black border which is quite pleasant!

Edit-
    Just played throuh about half the game, haven't passed level 30 yet, but I can say, the difficulty does progress quite nicely. Yes the first few levels are very easy like someone else mentioned, but it's just teaching you how to play.. It's been a decent level of difficulty so far, and some nice new gameplay elements being added.. I liked the cauldrons and the ghosts.. And the dead people.. All add a nice fresh twist to the gameplay and keeps you thinking once you become immune to the routine you have already mastered.
    A very nice variety.. Enjoying how it's progressing immensely. Really gorgeous game..pretty sure apple will feature it.

2. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I can totally empathize about the file size. I own a 16GB iPad 1 and space is an issue for me as well. I didn't mean to imply that the controls wouldn't work fine on an iPhone, it's just that I much, much prefer my iPad for playing almost all games, so I tend to not play on my iPhone unless there is a really compelling reason to do so.
    New gameplay elements are great, but it is much nicer if that is done without stereotypes and cliches.

3. digitalhoax

digitalhoax Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2012
    @Snozberry Wow, I am overwhelmed by how much interpretation and thought you already put in the game! Thanks for the kind words, we definitely have quite a few game elements we would like to add in case we will be able to further work on the game. I am really glad you liked it thus far, and be assured, after you played through half of the game it has still another setting and more interesting other ones that spice up gameplay and allow for more challenging puzzles.

@lena As Snozberry mentioned, it does play quite nicely on an iPad 1/2. The only downside is that apple doesn't use the retina graphics when zoomed in, so the update for the universal version will improve the look dramatically once it is ready.

4. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

Out now in the uk

5. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

@digitalhoax

Any Plans to go Universal? Specially with the new upcoming iDevices the Game might sell a lot more better if you kinda give this small Gem a little Unioversal Love.

6. digitalhoax

Oct 21, 2012
    #26 digitalhoax, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
    This has been pasted from a moved thread and is now obsolete. Thanks for merging the two threads though!

7. digitalhoax

Oct 21, 2012
    We definitely want to do the iPad versions of the game, though I am not sure how fast we can realize it. We are a team of three and do this in our free time while also working and studying at university. At an early stage we did have iPad support and it played very well, almost no zooming required on the larger screen. The upcoming iPad Mini might be the perfect device to play the game and it would be great to have an iPad version ready until release... let's see how this turns out, I will definitely keep you informed on this thread and post any status updates.

Thanks for all the ideas and comments, keep 'em coming, it can only improve the game!

8. RickyBrooke

RickyBrooke Well-Known Member

May 13, 2012
    Hi there this looks great love the art style.... I will buy when there is iPhone 5 screen size support..... How long till then please?

9. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Wow! Just stumbled across this game whilst browsing the TA app. Brilliant game! Loving it! :)

10. digitalhoax

Oct 21, 2012
    @RickyBrooke There is no ETA for an iPhone 5 version, but iPad will definitely be a priority. A friend of mine finished the game on her iPhone 5 and it plays just as nice as it does on previous devices, maybe give it a try?!

@BrettArchibald I am glad you like it, thanks for the kind words! Enjoy the game!

11. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    By the way - if you're taking votes, put me down as another in favour of an iPhone 5 update and an iPad version.
    :)

12. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Am I misreading this, or are you actually saying that your game will NOT support/work on older devices once you come out with an iPhone 5 update? If so, it makes no sense for me to buy this game now to play on my iPod Touch. Why get half-way through it, then have you update so it no longer runs on my device? Or did you mean something different than what you said?

13. digitalhoax

Oct 21, 2012
    No, I might have explained this wrong. You can totally download and play the game on any of your iOS3.2+ devices. No update will ever break the app. But in case we once roll out the iPhone 5 support, it is not possible to install that update on any armv6 device, including iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2nd gen. This is an Apple limitation we tried to work around by first not supporting 4" retina so all devices can play the game.

I hope this helps understand why we decided to release the game the way we did. I hope you will enjoy the game, no reason to hold back from downloading this onto your iPhone 3G or iPod touch 2nd gen, the game runs just fine, no glitches on those devices!

14. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    wow... looks like a great little puzzler! Another one to add to my 'buy after I get my next gift card' list. =oD

15. digitalhoax

Oct 21, 2012
    This thread is definitely the one thing that drives our decision on how to release the game for iPhone 5 and iPad, so yes, your vote counts here ;-)

We hope you enjoy it as soon as you get it!

16. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I've just started playing, and seem to be stuck on level 11.

17. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Will buy when there's an hd version. Developers should stop being device prejudice! Only kidding. I understand the hardships of being a small dev team. Still waiting for that hd version though. :)

18. digitalhoax

Oct 21, 2012
    Let us know if you're stuck and we will make sure to help you out so you can enjoy the other stages and other ones!

So I will count this as a vote towards a seperate universal app then? :D

19. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Hi, I have an ipad 3rd gen and wondering if I should wait for ipad version or is safe to buy this one now?

20. Conan128

Conan128 Member

Sep 21, 2009
    For me i would like to have this version get universal, because then I would buy it now and not wait for an hd version. And I think many people will hold back till this is decided.
    Thanks
    Berndt